1. 1978stationwagonquestions

1978stationwagonquestions New Member

My 1978 dodge diplomat statin wagon was side swiped the other day by a teenager who just got her license and I don't want her to get in trouble or have to pay a lot to help repair it. I need to replace the side panel towards the back and perhaps the trim. I live in Michigan does anyone know any good websites or places I could look that work for a reasonable place? I was told it would take 1000's and I would prefer to have her not spend that much money.

2. FalconFuturaWagon

FalconFuturaWagon FordFan

Wagon Garage:
    I can't help with your search for parts but I solute your attitude. You might have to check with some of the auto recycling (junk) yards to find something.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Pictures would help greatly.

4. 1978stationwagonquestions

1978stationwagonquestions New Member

I don't have any pictures since it's ay the shop

5. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Does the quarter panel need to be replaced (as in the panel is dented or creased) or is it just the vinyl (fake woodgrain) that is scratched? The trim around the vinyl will take some time to find all of the parts. Your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay. You can also do a nationwide search on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for somebody parting out a Diplomat wagon. You'll have to do your research on what years/models interchange. You can also check on car-part.com for a part that would be specific to a wagon to try to find a yard that might have one that you could get the trim parts from.

As KK said, pictures would help a lot.

Here you go. A potential junkyard in PA that might have a '78 Diplomat wagon:

Junkyard.JPG