OMG! Jaguar is bringing another wagon to the U.S.!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon News From Around The Web' started by Krash Kadillak, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    That last one almost looks like a black & white photo. Where's Jaguars traditional use of quality materials? I don't think that I could adjust to a shift dial, as much as I could adjust to a radio station lever. I'd be still in the habit of reaching for the phantom floorshift and looking at my phantom analog guages. What this vehicle seems to be is a Smartphone with a steering wheel, until they somehow replace even that with something else. I think, letting down their traditional clientel for modern ones is somewhat risky, as a business concept

Grizz likes this.
  3. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

It would be nice if someone sold a retro wagon but im not sure if it would sell well but overall it seems wagons in general dont sell well here in the U.S. Triumph sells alot of retro style bikes here, they look just like classic bikes but with all the modern bits, these bikes do look cool but not my cup of tea. The CTS-V Cadillac wagon was sick, it even beat the 2 door version around the racetrack on TopGear but it was stopped in 2014 I think. My friend is a VW Mechanic (insert emissions joke here) and he is the only other person I know who has a wagon (VW) and he has been trying to sell it for months. No one wants a wagon here, they either want a caravan or most just want a huge SUV. It is very strange to see parents dropping off their one child to baseball practice in a gigantic SUV that costs a bundle, it doesnt make sense but here the motto bigger is better is a followed practice, no matter how impractical it is. So far everyone loves the wagon, especially kids who have gotten to ride in the dualling bench seats. Its awesome when they call my wagon cool.

4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    If you watch my videos, you'll notice that plenty of wagons are driven, in Germany. Like over there by you, "Bigger is better" is the motto for many drivers, here, also. There have been crashtests done, years ago, which proved that it's more dangerous, to sit behind the wheel of an S.U.V. than to sit in the opposing ordinary passenger car vehicle. S.U.V.s are also a menace to pedestrians. I don't understand why automakers put emphasis on pedestrian-friendly design, while simultaneously manufacturing S.U.V.s. Equally irresponsible are governments which allow those stupid added-on steel tube bumpers, without legislating in the death penalty for owners of these S.U.V.s, when a pedestrian gets injured or killed by one of those. If the excrement ever hits the fan, to the point to where cannibalism will be resorted to, my first choice would be to go after owners of those menacing S.U.V.s

5. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

Yes I have seen your dashcam pics and you probably have more wagons in one frame then my entire town. Once in awhile I will see someone in a Subaru wagon but now alot of the Subarus have morphed into a Wagon/SUV entity, with the SUV winning out and taking center stage.

6. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

Until it hits the mainstream that SUV's aren't the IN thing anymore.... like how it seemed with station wagons... suddenly the public thought station wagon was a bad word, wouldn't get caught in one, and the same to some extent (not as harsh) has gone with soccer moms and mini vans...
    SUV's I think can be sold to both parties... "its roomy for the kids and groceries, and it can also haul all that camping gear and a big trailer!" so when you got both parties "sold" on the idea they can "do a lot" with an SUV it's hard to sway them that you can do most of that with a good old fashioned station wagon...
    I also know that people seem to feel safer in bigger, taller, cars... "I can see the whole road! I'm bigger and taller than everyone else! I'm safe if I ever get into an accident" of course when other drivers end up with *gasp* BIG SUV's the whole seeing over vehicles and being safe is a moot point...
    But I think we've done beat this horse to death :deadhorse:, no one wants wagons because they've become a bad word, will we come around again? maybe, everything seems to after awhile...

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    People have gone from thinking practical to having themselves brainwashed into somehow using motorvehicles as an object of identification. My generation is especially guilty of this, since we wanted muscle cars not only because they were fun. Sooner or later, it's time to develop other interests. There is nothing wrong with any vehicle, including S.U.V.s, as long as they are used for what they were built for. If I live somewhere rural which hasn't paved roads and it's far enough north to where it snows, I'd go for an S.U.V.. If I live in an urban area, I'm going for something small which fits well into most parking spaces. If I'm dwelling in a suburb, I'll go for a wagon, because sooner or later, it'll be time to bring home that new fridge or haul lumber. Call me a Soccer Mom, if you want. But, that won't stop me from getting the job done.
    What's rediculous is all the Dimestore Cowboyry performed by those who enter an urban area with vehicles which endanger pedestrians, especially children. If you hit an elderly person with a low laying vehicle like a normal passenger car, that person will get hurled over the vehicle. Thus, having a chance of survival. On the other hand, children aren't capable of judging traffic, before reaching a certain age. When a small child gets hit by an S.U.V., it'll end up underneath the vehicle whose edges aren't designed to be child friendly or anything friendly, for that matter. Dimestore Cowboyry isn't limited only to S.U.V. owners. You could classify most anyone, by that definition, who's driving a particular vehicle not tailored to his or her needs for the purpose of sending a message to imaginary- and actual peers. A classic example was once stated by Ferdinand Porsche who once said, "Nobody buys any of my cars because they need one"

8. daniels

daniels Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    The interior looks like any actual car. No imagination, just the fear to be different.
    By the way Poison Ivy has a very good point (y)