Newbee Future wagon owner ( some day )

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by BKenny, Jun 27, 2021.

1. BKenny

BKenny New Member

Hi I have been a fan and wanting to get a wagon someday . I found this web site awhile back and decided it’s time to join . I have a 1963 VW bug ragtop ( sunroof) that was my fist car I bought in 1991 . It’s been on the back burner due to house projects and parenting . I’d like to get a big American V8 wagon to cruise the family around in the VW is small . We have been setting money aside to finish the VW once in for all . This week I found a 66 Ford Galaxy wagon for sale that I couldn’t stop thinking about . My wife said if I really wanted it I could us the the VW money to get it . Checked the add and it was sold . Oh well anyway I’m back on the hunt .

fannie likes this.
  2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome BKenny! Hope you can find that elusive longroof that will fit your needs, I found mine right here on the forums! Again welcome and good luck with your search!.....Longroofs Rule!

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey BKenny welcome. Good luck on taking the plunge. Don’t know how far back you want to go, or what size your family is, but there are a lot of great late ‘80’s and early ‘90’s wagons out there that blend comfort, dependability, and mainly style. And, they won’t totally bust the bank. Whatever you look for and wind up with, these are great fun cars. You’ll never know a stranger when you pull up to a spot, or display it at a show. People seem to gravitate towards wagons. Keep us posted and look forward to hearing and seeing progress reports. Lol

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    WELCOME to the SWF, BKenny!

A '66 Ford Country Sedan (no 'wood') or Country Squire ('wood') would make a good choice for a vintage wagon. I'd make one change to that plan though - go newer. The '80's wagons from Ford Motor Company would have more modern mechanicals, an upgraded brake system, fuel injection, and some safety equipment, like a driver's air bag. Lots of them are still on the road......

1987 Ford Country Squire:
    [​IMG]

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park:
    [​IMG]

Price-wise, you're probably looking at about the same money, with most likely a lot less work required on the newer wagon.
    - Just my $0.02. Good luck with your search!

Marshall

P.S. Don't know where you are located, but OUT WEST is where to look to avoid the rust devil........

5. BKenny

BKenny New Member

Thanks for the welcomes . Im in California San Francisco /Oakland bay area . Id like to find something pre smog aroung here i believe its 1974 and under . Then i could be free to do what ever with it . Awile back i was thinking 50s but now im thinking 60s or 70s since there evoloving over the years with beter drivability . Haveing somthing with disc breaks ,power stearing ,over drive trans and Ac would be a big + . I see there are some options to covert to front disc if all else .

6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome BKenny. Hope you find the right wagon. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the content here on the SWF.

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  8. BKenny

BKenny New Member

It looks like a solid car to bad it around 3,000 miles away . On the add it says his wife whants him to sell due to haveing a baby on the way , One of my coworkers had to get rid of his Corvette like that but a Wagon can fit baby seats .

9. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome aboard, glad you found your way here.