New to Station wagon forums, but not wagons! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by avdoyta, Feb 17, 2019.

1. avdoyta

avdoyta Member

Like most kids of the 1960's, I grew up in Wagons. My father was into Studebakers, so we had a few Wagonaires, and somewhere there is a picture of our pony in the back of one! We had a 59 Chevy wagon, a 63 Pontiac wagon, a 1968 Ford Country Sedan. (The frame broke in 1977, when the car had 67k on it, it amazes me that any wagons from the North are still around, The 302 lives on in my best friend's 1967 Mustang convertible still though, 42 years later) I had rust free 68 Torino Squire, and a 67 Country Squire, that I had to sell a few years ago, when I needed the money. I sold the Dark Blue 390 Country Squire, on ebay, and the guy picked it up when I wasn't here and didn't pay for it... He knew I had no paperwork on it, so I couldn't prove he stole it... When I was in high school, I owned a 64 Dodge 440 Wagon, that I junked last spring, because it was too far gone to fix. Right now I have a 68 Country Squire, and a 66 Country Sedan with a 428. I have a 67 and 68 Country Squire for parts, in case I need something. I'm still searching for a 67 Country Squire to fix, but also liked the Buick wagon on Craigs list that was on the Forum a couple days ago! :)

Poison_Ivy and fannie like this.
  2. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    How did he get it? I don't understand?

Glad you found us, :Welcome:

3. avdoyta

avdoyta Member

Hi, I had it on ebay, he paid me the $300.00 deposit I was asking for. SEEMED like I very nice older guy. I was on my way down from Maine, to meet him here where the car was (Barre Mass.) I got part way down to Mass. and someone called me that need my help, so I called him and asked if he could get it himself, so I could help out a friend. I told him where to put the cash, and to take one nice wagon rear bumper I had. I told him I would get there as soon as I could, but if he had to leave, that was fine. (assuming he was going to pay me as he said he would) By the time I got there, he was gone, He left me no cash. ($900.00) AND he took both rear bumpers... I called the police, and they said they couldn't do anything without proof I owned the car... I called the guy I got it from, to see if he had any other paperwork on it, but he didn't... So I lost a car, AND a rear bumper for my other wagon...

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  4. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome avdoyta!

5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have had some interesting cars and interesting stories. Sorry to hear you had to junk the 64 Dodge.
    Good luck in your search for the right classic wagon.

6. avdoyta

avdoyta Member

Thanks for the "Welcomes" Yes, my friend and I were very sad to have to junk our 1964. I'd love to find another one! your Plymouth looks nice, It's what made me think of our old Dodge!

Poison_Ivy and OrthmannJ like this.
  7. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Thank you.
    It always stinks when you have junk an old/classic car.

8. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Advancing age doesen't necessarily make a Dastard a good person. This is just some small time ever-has-been Bottom-Feeder who's learning how to play the Age Card and instead of robbing banks, he's cowardly Shystering ordinary people, because it's easy and there's no risk involved. If such persons have never developed a sense for universal accountability at that age, they're likely to never develop it. Acts like these are the basic form of Satanism where "Do what you want, despite the consequences for others" is practically a first commandment among them
    It's one thing to help oneself to one bumper which is required to complete a car. But, to grab one which is needed to complete someone else's vehicle is quite low down

9. avdoyta

avdoyta Member

It was the frosting on a bad cake, steal the car, the bumper, and then take the one for my car too... The car he stole had one, but I was giving him this one, because it was better than the one on it...

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Did the guy answer to the name Denny? We used to have an older guy posting here, with that name, who would go around buying cars and bragging about his bumper fetish. His favorite ones were taken from '50s Cadillac front ends. He used to call them Dagmar, for some reason. He moved a few times. Probably, because neighborhood Cadillac front bumpers went missing or even because neighbors were noticing the disappearance of missing clothesline garments he used to decorate the bumpers with

11. avdoyta

avdoyta Member

Hi,
    Thanks. I don't think the guy's name was Denny, but I'm going to go through old e-mails, to see if I can find his name.

Poison_Ivy likes this.