Neet scale model wagons

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by Fat Tedy, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Oh, God, yes! For any kind of model. I did WW II armor back in high school, 1/35 Tamiya and Italeri, and 1/48th Bandai. I still have a few unbuilt kits. Someday....

2. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Here's another one of those projects I "Hope to finish someday".
    [​IMG]

And a little rat rod dragon wagon.
    [​IMG]

Grizz likes this.
  3. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Okay, here's a story:
    Back in 1995 or '96 Lindberg issued a new model kit of a 1953 Ford hard-top coupe. '53 if you remember is the last year of a flathead V-8 in the car series with the Y-block becoming the standard engine. Anyway I picked up one of those kits right about the time my lovely wife had divorce papers delivered to me.
    With no-where to go I was told to leave the house, my kids and my models.
    Back to my old room at my parents I stayed for a year till the divorce was settled and the house sold so we could each afford to buy new places, which we did about 3 or 4 blocks from the original family dwelling so as to keep the kids in the same schools and not mess up their lives.
    Anyway, during that year I brought one model kit with me. The Lindberg '53 along with a few tools and a plan.

The only things that happened during that year was the Divorce proceedings, visitation with my 3 children, my job and that model kit when I had any free time. What I did was cut off the roof and turn it into a 1953 Country Squire!
    That took most of the year scratch building posts, sourcing a roof, laying in wood trim and getting the tailgate curve right. I think I nailed it and so did a few others as I decided to send it to a Resin Caster to make copies from.

The resin caster I sent it to was at the time the best in the business and that was about 1997 and I was moved into my house and had a great studio set up plus bedrooms for the kids when they came over.
    Art Andersen set about finishing some of the details I had missed like re-arcing the roof and adding bolt heads to the wood trim... when he decided to go out of the resin business before making my resin body. He sold all his molds and masters to someone and never returned my phone calls.
    Till one day in 2005 when he said he had something for me and wanted my address.
    The car arrived back in my hands an looked great! So I set about making a floor pan for it and a few other details... when I was contacted by my friend Jimmy Flintstone out of Michigan who wanted to cast the car.
    Fine, I sent him the body and new chassis.
    But he only cast the body and kept the chassis.
    So one day in about 2007 I received a box in the mail:
    [​IMG]

Inside was this beautifully molded 1953 Country Squire!!!
    [​IMG]

To this day Jimmy says it's one of his most popular bodies on the web site.

I still have yet to finish the model kit I was building back in 2005, but here is a finished car to show what it can be built up into if one has the time. Not sure who built it but he's good!

4. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Those are some amazing builds, Jairus. I particularly impressed with the '57 Squire. I remember seeing that exact kit when I was a boy, back around 1959 or so, and seeing how complicated it was to build. (NOT molded as a 'one-'piece' body like others...).

You really need to show them your DD bus build.....