Like subaru says ...he lived

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by GN300, Sep 29, 2015.

1. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

This is from an old newspaper i found in a photo album the accident occurred at 4.00am the homeowner heard a noise and looked out but saw nothing as the crash killed all lights.

Driver managed to free himself (left his boot pinned to the tree ) apparently got picked up and went home !

When the homeowner looked again in the daylight and saw the car he called the fire dept (i was a member)

When we arrived the car was cold the driver was missing and the boot was still pined to the tree.

I think it was 1984 ish.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      249.4 KB
      Views:
    ModelT1 likes this.
  2. yellerspirit

yellerspirit Well-Known Member

ModelT1 and 101Volts like this.
  3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    ^^^ That's sad. Hopefully, it was unoccupied.

ModelT1 likes this.
  4. yellerspirit

yellerspirit Well-Known Member

He was driving it when the truck fell on it. He saw it coming and laid down on the passenger seat. Here's what he said.

Been meaning to post on this for quite awhile. Yeah, 'I'm that dude'. I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words - definitely was overwhelmed by all the comments from my friends and all the folks I met while I was down in Ohio. Very Cool! A strange day, it was my birthday and I was just out for a quick shakedown run. I'd tweaked the fit of the mufflers the night before and wanted to make sure I didn't have any rattles - it was on my list of things to do before the AMO in Cleveland. I had just gone under the overpass and was slowing to turn left - caught the out of control semi in the corner of my eye - cranked the steering wheel to the right, buried my foot in the gas and as the trailer started to come over on me - put my body in the passenger seat. When it stopped moving - popped the seat belt - passenger door - and got out. Scared the crap out of the people sitting at the light. Luck (and some smarts) saved my bacon but SAD about my car. My buddy Gabe lent me his '68 X to take to Cleveland, I didn't want to miss that. I started 'tire kicking' before we left on the trip, even took a look at another '70 while I was down there, but wasn't sure if I wanted a done car, project car or something in between to replace BITTERX. Settled on something in the middle and have since bought a BBG '69 500 Special out of Minnesota - plan is to move over some of the goodies from the '70, just finalizing all the details with insurance now. Anyway, this is turning into a novel - just wanted to thank you all and let you know I'm back in the saddle

101Volts, ModelT1 and wagonmaster like this.
  5. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Glad he was ok !

101Volts likes this.
  6. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I remember seeing photos and reading this not long after it happened.
    The drunk in the wagon and the tree is amazing.

101Volts likes this.