how about a new thread for the SWF: "Found my wagon on the SWF"

Discussion in 'Site News, Feedback, Suggestions and Help' started by jim535, Feb 21, 2016.

1. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    I know there's a least one wagon owner who found their wagon after reading about it on the SWF. I remember that he posted that, after reading about the wagon here, he contacted the seller and bought it. That was a year or two ago. Can't remember the specific wagon, however. But I think it was a Ford. :D There might be more.

How about a new thread called "Found my station wagon on the SWF"? It would be neat to see who has found a wagon by reading about it here.

wagonmaster likes this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    If I find one here and buy it I will report it here first. :thumbs2: I'm sure a lot of members have read the ads and a few bought wagons because of it.
    Good thread idea.:clap:
    We're waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ALFATAR

ALFATAR Active Member

I did and thanked the people who posted about it om the original ad. I probably never would of found it without someone posting it. Then someone else posted about the car as well. It made me feel confident to make a 835 mile drive to get it. 78 ford
    mike

ModelT1 likes this.
  4. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    The only problems with us members posting these ads of cars we know nothing about, another member who buys a LEMON could blame us, you, or whoever!
    The members are only trying to help by posting ads they see and hoping the listings are honest. 835 miles is a long drive for something that may not be as pictured.
    Alfatar have you added pictures and information yet about your Ford?:camera:

5. ALFATAR

ALFATAR Active Member

I would like to think most if not all people who look at these ads take it in the spirit in which it is presented. Just another resource to help people find cars to adopt. I for one never thought a car listed was personally seen by the by the poster. In MY case someone posted the car ad from Craig list. The pictures of the car looked nice. ( I connected the computer to my tv to see more details that was important to me) Another member posted he saw the car several times at a cruise night and commented about how nice the car was. As the car was something I was looking for this gave me the courage to call the owner and talk to him. As far as the drive I left after work with my wife and my son's best friend. We drove all night, we saw things we never saw before. It was an adventure we will never forget. The trip would of been better if I drove the car back but because of a bad water pump and a failed attempt to change it in the original owner's yard I had it shipped home. I was a little disappointed but not at all sorry I made the trip.

I have not yet drove the car more the 50 feet to stuff it in my garage. I have 3 feet in front of it so no other pictures as of yet. I also did a timing chain at the same time . I also have to change all of the fuel lines because of the gas that is sold in Mass will eat up the old lines. Anyway more to follow
    Mike

ModelT1 likes this.
  6. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:

Great idea! I created a thread here
    http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/threads/found-my-wagon-on-the-station-wagon-forums.41064/

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I found TWO wagons on this site.

My 1958 Buick Caballero was listed by "moparandfomoco" and he - and his son - were incredibly helpful in getting the wagon ready for shipment from New Mexico to Michigan.
    [​IMG]

My 1988 Buick Electra Estate was listed here by "alphues". Sadly, he has since passed away.
    [​IMG]

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. BlueVista

BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

Over the years I've seen more than a few people lose wagons here by getting them bought out from under them.:rolleyes: If you see a car you want don't tell everybody in the world where it is on here. Believe it or not there are some unscrupulous people in the car buying world.:D

ModelT1 likes this.
  9. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I listed the Roadmaster wagon I own now here because it was a decent deal and was hoping someone would buy it but after a few days I couldn't take it anymore and made arrangements to buy it myself. :)

ModelT1 likes this.
  10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    So------ you bought a wagon that was listed on SWF that you listed yourself? Glad the tornado missed you and your cars.

1tireman likes this.
  11. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    ^^^ I did that same thing with my Safari. Was browsing various Craig's Lists in other states, back in the summer of 2011, when I found the ad for the Safari in the Lacrosse, Wis. CL. I posted it up. I wasn't actually looking for a wagon until a year later, and it was still for sale then, but still a bit expensive. Remained for sale through the fall, Finally, in November the price dropped to a point where I was interested.

1tireman likes this.