Horn stops working, car won't start. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Mapledoo, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mapledoo

Mapledoo My 1966 Chrysler Town and Country ambulance

Wagon Garage:
    Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you might have an idea on what's going on. I have a 1966 chrysler town and country. I was at a car show and was honking the horn when suddenly the horn stopped working. I thought I must have bunt the horn out and I proceeded to drive home. At my house, I shut the car off for a moment, then went to go move it but it would not start, it would not even turn over. The horn still would not work either. I tried to find the issue but no luck. The next day, I tried to start the car again for giggles and it started right up. The horn was working again as well. Since then I've had no issues but have not used the horn ether. Any suggestions on what happened and how to prevent it? Thanks in advance.

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Hmmmmm...I think you lost either power or ground somewhere. I have an electrical diagram book, it has 1966 year cars, so if you PM me an email, I can snap some pics of the pages for your wagon and send them to you. In the meantime, check the battery's terminals and the cable connections to the terminals.

Mapledoo likes this.
  3. Mapledoo

Mapledoo My 1966 Chrysler Town and Country ambulance

Wagon Garage:
    Pm'ed