Fueleconomy

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy & Emissions' started by lowlow37, Jul 13, 2011.

1. lowlow37

lowlow37 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I usually like the mpg i get from the Buick with the new motor but yesterday i got about 10 miles on a full tank of gas.......... Besides that, i ruined the parkinglot outside MrsLowlow,s work... Of course there was a hoseclamp on the fuelfilter that wasnt tighten accordingly. I im so glad that the fuelspray was directed AWAY from the exhaust, just 3 inches from the leak. I will change the universal filter, and the hoses for pressed, real fuel lines with threaded fittings TODAY!! I dont really understand why i didnt do it the first time, all the other lines is steel lines, with the right high pressure fittings and so on.. I´ll guess that i was too exited to get it running when i fitted the extra fuelfilter..

SOO.. My friends, the relativly low pressure in a TBI system WILL leak when you use lowpressure hoses.... Just a little hint for you hwo might do the same as i did..:tiphat:

2. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

I don't remember who, but there was another fellow on here recently who was complaining about terrible mileage.
    Perhaps he had the same issue. Good tip.
    I too have found problems with leaky gas line fittings even on a carb'ed motor.