Found another Jeepney........

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Safariknut, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

Stopped by my favorite antique shop today looking for pocket knives and found this little gem. When I first saw it I thought it might be one of those horrible Chinese fakes but upon looking more closely I think it is the real thing.
    The first one I bought was actually made in the Philippines(I posted it here)and had some decent detail. This one looks a bit crude by comparison but I like it.There are a couple of pieces missing(the right rear grab rails and three of the grille bars)and there are a few dents and rust spots(not artificially aged)and the painting is crude.The rear fenders are actually separate pieces soldered on and it sports a steering wheel made of a single piece of wire that actually turns and a gear shift on the floor.The wheels and tires look like they are two old bottle caps soldered together to form them.
    For the princely sum of three dollars it will now join my other Jeepney in my shop. Jeepney$3 004.jpg Jeepney$3 006.jpg Jeepney$3 007.jpg Jeepney$3 008.jpg Jeepney$3 009.jpg Jeepney$3 010.jpg Jeepney$3 011.jpg Jeepney$3 012.jpg Jeepney$3 013.jpg Jeepney$3 014.jpg

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Seeing these pics, I was suddenly taken back to the mid to late 50's, when I played with my Tonka Trucks. I didn't have one, but i seem to recall someone I knew (don't remember who...) had a Tonka Jeep, with a Surrey Top - just like this one......

[​IMG]

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Even as a little tyke, I didn't like those, because the color is Pepto-Bismol Pink....