Ford Tailgate Interchange advice - Intermediate (mid size)

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by h20cycle, Mar 7, 2019.

1. h20cycle

h20cycle New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi folks, I have a 66 Falcon wagon that has the base model tailgate window roller. This is the one that is like having an external, permanently fixed window roller exposed at all times (not hideaway). I have an opportunity to buy another 1966 Falcon wagon that has what I believe is the two way tailgate. This one has the hinges to open it as a door or as a traditional tailgate. This includes the electric window roller, harness, motor, etc. Question is, can I put that two way door on my wagon. Same year, make and model, so it makes sense. Just hoping to confirm there will be holes/threads, etc to bring all of the strikers, supports, and hinges over. Seems logical but I have to drive hours just to see this other car so would love to know for sure. PK

2. h20cycle

h20cycle New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Also, if anyone has had the two way door and knows that they work well or not and are worth the effort that would safe me time, money, and probably a lot of grief. I just didn’t want to pass up a good tailgate, motor, harness, plus all of the other bits and pieces I could get from this non titled salvage donor.