Floor board Removal - Where do I start?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by RecklessRewards, May 19, 2021.

1. RecklessRewards

RecklessRewards Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hello Again!

So my floorboards suck (See Video Below). From another post of mine I decided to replace the full floor board instead of trying to cut out and piece in new. I found new full floor pan from AMD, Ill be ordering it next month but would like to get started on removing the existing floorboard if possible.

400-8961-1_800.jpg

But I don't know where to start, a few questions I have:
    1. Since my 1963 Ford Country Sedan Wagon is on a frame do I need to support anything or jack it up when replacing the floor board?
    2. What is the best way to separate the existing floor from the rockers?
    3. Once I have the existing floor out, what is the best way to get the new FULL floor pan into the car, Maybe from the back? (I really don't want to have to cut it in half .)
    4. Any tips and Tricks on doing this that you think would help me out?

I obliviously have never done this before and I am having one heck of a time finding good video instructions on how to remove the existing floorboards for an older Ford Galaxie / Country Sedan wagon. I found some good instructions on how to install the new one once it's in.

As always huge thanks in advance, This group has been keeping my progress going, It's been slow but it's moving along!

2. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    I can;t offer any input on this, but I am interested to see what is said myself.

3. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I would wait until you get your new floorpan in so you know what you have to work with. It would suck to cut too much off and have to bridge between the old and new. Plus you will be cutting and trimming to get everything to fit properly anyway.

You might be able to get the new pan in in one piece through the back, but it is just going to be a try and see type of thing. If you don't already have one I would invest in one (or more) spot weld cutters. There may be supports and reinforcements that you have to cut from the old floor and install on the new.

RecklessRewards likes this.