Drag races!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Grizz, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    drag races at "music city raceway" although the local yokels call it "union hill" not as many wagons as last week when I forgot my camera phone but there was a dodge magnum giving people the business and I was impressed!!! As far as I could tell it was stock. This was amateur night where you bring what ever you want. My favorite is the bikes but in the pics check out the 4 wheelers! There was even a scooter. I took a picture of the racers in line. It looks like an average day in traffic! IMG_2196.JPG IMG_2197.JPG IMG_2202.JPG Winner: IMG_2204.JPG loser!!: IMG_2205.JPG among other sites to see, check out the turbo on this blazer!!!: IMG_2208.JPG IMG_2234.JPG and then in the thumbnails are a cuda, not to be mistaken with the barracuda(which was pretty fast) a swinger!,and someone tell me what year the chevy is. And then the wagon in front of the American red, white, and blue fence. Or it could be a French fence I guess it depends on which side your standing IMG_2195.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    We lived closer to the Gainsville speedway, home of Gator Nationals. Our adopted son still lives around 30 miles from it. He killed a perfectly good 1975 El Camino and other cars there. He ran NOS and aviation fuel. Now he has a 1983 Chevy long bed truck with 60o+and 2-4's as a daily driver he plans to take to the track. Will he ever learn?

That bottom fence is Gator colors. :huh: Silly hillbillies.

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I love "Wrung What'cha Brung" nights. That wagon should be sporting a Ford Racing 5.8 Windsor, 385 horse tune, an Art Carr AOD and a Strange 8.8 with Ford Racing Trac-Loc diff. Fire-breathing grocery getter, indeed!

4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Anyone ever been a spectator to an alternative-fueled dragrace?

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

My niece has. She's 'into that.'

6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Does she do wet burnouts, to warm up the heel rubber?

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    What's this world coming to?:slap: My niece is getting married Friday and flying someplace for her honeymoon, Her "husband" or "wife" will be wearing white high heels.:cheers:
    We weren't invited.:( What a drag!

Poison_Ivy and Grizz like this.
  8. Andrew4180

Andrew4180 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The chevrolet is a 57, at least thats what it seems like. Looks like a nice track. I plan to make a race there sometime next year possibly. I tried in 2015 on the way to the camarofest in bowling green ky. But it was raining.

9. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Lemme know when your up there! I think they'll be running into October. It's always a blast. If it's not raining...

10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Our son still goes occasionally to Gainseville Speedway and a track near Valdosta to watch motorcycle races there.
    There are some smaller tracks not far from home here in Illinois and not more than a few miles away is a bike club with at least two motorcycle courses.

I miss the old drag strips around Aurora, Illinois and US 30 in upper Indiana. I believe most are now subdivisions or strip malls.

Way back before we knew any better we street raced on Main Street anyplace my hot:90: '49 Dodge six and my buddy's hot :rolleyes:'48 Chevy six were challenged by someone in a similar Ford or Buick.:LOL::racingflag:

11. Andrew4180

Andrew4180 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Will do Grizz, I've seen videos. Looks like the shutdown area is rather short.

ModelT1, do you remember the names or locations of the tracks near Aurora? I have the Meadowdale track on my map of closed/abandoned tracks, but thats a little bit to the north and you have the big track in Joliet to the south. U.S. 30 is still there in its entirety, just overgrown. City still has ordinances against it that prevent someone from re-opening it.