DR Denny's Personal Thread

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by ModelT1, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Let's talk about life.

Sadly many men get certain cancers and women have other types. If only more people would share how they felt before and what they have to go thru to get cured it would help others and be less worry.
    I nearly gave up on the treatments after hearing how prostate cancer was taken care of only a few years back. I have friends who are worried and had it 5 to 10 years or more. They may never get worse or die soon. But this simple treatment would save their lives and at least they'd stop worrying.
    I've only had three radiation treatments this week and already feel comfortable going. Men wear jogging pants or anything without metal. I lay on a moveable CT table, get bottom part covered with hot blanket, then pull pants and under's below butt, and just above penis. Covered at all times.
    The pre X-rays set up the laser, they read it and adjust to line up, I go in the CT again for three minutes, that's all.
    The tunnel makes vibrating and goofy sounds like Chinese music and that's it. I told the ladies I don't like the music.:biglaugh: It's just like getting an X-Ray.

Driving 26 miles one way on the expressway is not even bad. Back home in just over two hours.
    Today T-storms but no snow!;)

Maybe I'll discuss brain surgery with a table saw and Chicago Electric drill in your home garage next time using Freon to prevent pain .

Roadking41A, wagoninsane and fannie like this.
  2. 63Fowagon

63Fowagon Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well Doc I'm glad things are working out for you ! Wish you well through it all .

3. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks. Got cancelled today. Not that I really want to go back.
    Machine broke down and they wouldn't let me come up to fix it.

Roadking41A and Grizz like this.
  4. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

You broke the microwave oven...way to go! (relax everyone, Cat and I over the years....... peas and carrots and or a open cut with salt and vinegar and all on the side lines, Cat is my friend and I'll deny that in any court of law)

Do what they tell you even though myself I'm the kettle calling the pot....having not been forth coming on the side lines with.........

Your attitude , you have a GREAT ONE, you love family, you love your honey Dollie, you love the baby, you truly love life and what it brings.

We Need More People like You:yup:

fannie likes this.
  5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Dad went through the radiation treatments about a decade ago, but his PSA (I cracked Dad up yesterday when I asked him if PSA was that airline with the smile under the nose!) has started climbing, slowly of course at first, then two jumps last month and this month, so now he's getting worried about it, in addition to the cancer in his hip. They tried one drug, no effect, a second drug @ $10K for 90 horse pills plus Prednisone, no effect, so now one more drug to try, before Liquid Death. He remembered a Navy captain he served under back in '72, who went through chemo at that time, would come in beet red and zero energy, nauseated, was dead two months later. So I think he's scared but not exactly letting on. So, as long as you get this radiation treatment, and it's effective, it should give you more time on this Earth.

6. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Andrew good luck to your dad. We are all here for a short time.
    I wish I was a cat with nine lives. But even then I've probably used up ten of them by now. Whenever I fell off a roof I never did land on my feet.
    I can no longer walk around at car and bike shows. I can't work on my own house or car. I'm having problems chasing wild women so memories and yelling at kids to "git off my lawn" are all that's left! And tormenting guys like you and Tedy keep me busy!:stirthepot:

fannie and Silvertwinkiehobo like this.
  7. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

You mean you haven't got one of those scooters that they advertise on TV? They say medicare will pay for it. I suppose you've got one of those handicap stickers that allow you to steal all the good parking spots.

8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Hopefully I can get by without a scooter of my own. Now and then I use store scooters.
    I don't need to steal handicapped spots. I have a Florida and Illinois blue card. But I avoid those spots as much as I can. Young kids need them to run in the shops and buy candy and pizza.

Got my radiation cancelled Thursday and Friday because the machine broke down again. May get called in today.

9. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Kinda like listening to "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down."

Grizz, fannie and ModelT1 like this.
  10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    My favorite Merry-Go-Round is the one at "The House On The Rock", Spring Green, Wisc.:)
    Merry-Go-Rounds make every kid feel better.

11. yellerspirit

yellerspirit Well-Known Member

Is this movie about you?

fannie and ModelT1 like this.
  12. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

OH, you mean the carousel they have there. Does it have hubcaps on it?
    Been there a couple of times. Neat place.
    Did you happen to look at the gun display? They are all molded plastic replicas. When the new owners took over years ago, they sold all the antique guns and replaced them with the plastic ones. Hard to tell because they are all behind glass, but it you get real cl0se and examine them you can see that the screws are all molded in.

Same thing with the scrimshawed whale teeth. They are all made from epoxy.

ModelT1 likes this.
  13. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    OldFox I never knew that. We did see the owners on American Pickers with a large building at another place. They were selling a lot of things. Years ago we lucked out and met the original owner and builder. He was dressed like a farmer in bib overhauls and stepped out of one of those side doors that have hidden walkways all over the place.
    I'd bet the guns and everything were still original until we went back later. We haven't been there for 17 or 18 years. I took our adopted son when our grand daughter was born. I'd rather look at old junk than babies!
    We'd heard the University of Wisc was running it for years.
    I always wanted to meet SilverFox. He lived in that area.

14. Roadking41A

Roadking41A Well-Known Member

Life is rough sometimes, my father had colon cancer twice and beat it both times. I myself was hit with cancer at the ripe old age of 36 non hodgkins lymphoma stage 3 B both sides of my body. Close enough that no one thought I would survive my organs started shutting down. The cure was using my own stem cells. Less than a year I was hit with diabetes, I should have taken better of myself. From that I ended up with neuropathy that put me in a wheelchair, then came the insulin pump, cataracts and now COPD I haven't smoked in 19 years. Every morning when I wake up is a good day and try to use it doing my best here at home.

fannie and ModelT1 like this.
  15. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    And some of us complain when we get a hangnail. Stop in here Cliff and we'll try to take your mind off bad things.
    I've had a good full life so I'm only sticking around to bug my wife and other friends.

Roadking41A likes this.