daughters 64 olds f85

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by whiskey runner, Mar 9, 2014.

1. whiskey runner

whiskey runner Active Member

fanny ...i just looked at the pictures in your profile..is that a 65-67 gm A body? looks just like mine in that area.. finding that rear quarter window trim is proving hard, so i am going to have to fabricate some for mine i guess..:(

2. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

She's a '68 and it was hard to find the quarters, they came from Texas. It great that your able to make your own. :)

3. gcs005

gcs005 Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Great looking project!
    Some great looking projects in your photobucket too.

4. whiskey runner

5. gcs005

gcs005 Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    That will make a sweet shop truck, nothing against s10's but the ford will be way cooler!

6. whiskey runner

yea gcs the s-10 was my wifes..after she died i let it sit in the yard .. then when my other 71 ford started needing alot of work i decided to drive it till i got my truck fixed.. that was 7 years ago..i sold my other ford a couple of years ago, but i wanted to get back into a real truck so i drug my old blue ford back out and am going to get it back going..:)

7. whiskey runner

well nothing much new done on the 64 olds wagon project.. i am ordering the new floorboards because mine are decent but by the time i repair the bad parts it would be almost as easy and a lot better job to just replace the entire thing.. it would only be a little over 200 plus shipping.. i would spent more than that in time and material repairing mine.. i am also thinking of a tire and wheel combo.. my original car had chrome reverse wheels and baby moons. but that was 40 years ago and they were the cheapest way to go back then.. but i looked at prices last night.. they must be using diamond dust to make these new ones.. :(... so i may just have to use a set of stock GM rally wheels i have several sets of those laying around already...

8. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

That's cool that the two of you are doing that; I laugh at how many father/daughter projects are going on nowadays!
    It's no problem to have those black door panels; I had a 77 Pinto wagon once, and it was red w/red interior. The car was in great shape inside and out, except the front carpet on the driver's side. But do you think I could find a red carpet, used, for it? NO.
    I had to go with a black one out of a 1979 Runabout, which was in perfect shape and fit nicely. No pounding/stretching.

9. whiskey runner

yea i figure i will just go with a black and red interior instead of just red.. maybe a black insert in the seats and a black dash pad and sunvisors would tie it all together