Colony park wheel opening molding

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Thirsty islander, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Thirsty islander

Thirsty islander Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a parts book that states what years the front wheel opening moldings are interchangeable? The wagon is a 1977 Mercury colony park.
    Thanks for the help

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Just doing a few minutes research, I can see where you might have trouble with this question. All the pics I'm looking at for that generation CP ('73 - '78 I think), it's hard to tell just what the lower side molding/wheel opening molding looks like. The body contour goes inward severely at that point, and most pics taken from standing eye-level don't give you a good read on how wide the molding actually is.

What might help you in this case is finding an old 'parts interchange manual' that the old junkyard guys used to tell what parts can go on what other years. I don't think the modern on-line sources can cover this much detail that far back. Also, maybe a Ford / Mercury dealer has old parts manuals around.

3. Thirsty islander

I went a took a picture today of it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Didn't realize it wasn't tied-in with the lower front and rear moldings on the fender...... most likely it's the same w/o molding used by the sedans, too.

5. Thirsty islander

I think my best chance is someone is parting one out here or eBay. I just don't want to buy a sedan one and it doesn't fit. Nos is not cheap for this stuff