Chevy Caprice Wagon 1989

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by daniels, Jan 10, 2018.

1. daniels

daniels Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I am new in this forum. Thanks for having me.
    I am restoring my Chevy Caprice 1989. Primer is Rustoleum Stop Rust red. I use a roller. It is a work in progress.
    A lot more work as you can see. The paint color will be burgundy glossy. And painted fake wood. I bought this car in 1991. Since then I changed the engine and tranny once. Make a lot of miles. A dream to drive.
    But Maine is not friendly for car. I let it go to long, now I have to work on the body as well the paint. The quarter panel was a big work, almost destroyed by the rust, as well the lower parts of the doors and the rocker panel as well.

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

If you're putting that much work into it, it certainly is a labor of love. Good luck, and go to the introductions page, introduce yourself, then head to the parts for sale section, see if anything you're looking for is there.

3. daniels

daniels Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thank you. I certainly will do.
    Daniel

4. daniels

daniels Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I find this picture of an Olds which is the same as my Caprice, but for some details. I crudely draw with "Paint Window" what my intention is. The trim will be real wood, varnished gloss, the panels will be painted wood grain. The rest of the car will be burgundy glossy. The wire wheel cover with the knock offs will give the finishing touch.

Attached Files: