caprice wagon question

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by trustno1, May 4, 2011.

1. trustno1

trustno1 New Member

Hello all. 1st off great website.....:1st: but i did have a quick question for anyone who can help. I have a friend who has a 1994 chevrolet caprice wagon and was wondering does anyone know of a chevy 2 door full size car? He was thinking of making a 2 door wagon..... He was also thinking of molding in quarterpanelsfrom a 94 impala so his 1/4 panels would say impala ss.... then modding the engine to go faster and if the money last (haha) convert it to a 5 speed. any help would be most helpful.... THANKS

2. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I believe the last full-size coupes were built in the 1990 model year.

That was a very different body.

3. Ampypants

Ampypants Beer Drinker

That Engine has tons of aftermarket options there are tons of parts for the LT1, depends on how deep the pocketbook is :)

If you do a manual trans swap, look into the T56 trans, came in the Camaro's and Vettes from those years and those had the same motor......you get a 6 speed, so that cruising gear is awesome, since I would upgrade the rear gears once you start doing some engine mods. Puts the power down way better.

If you want to mold the rear quarters it would be an expensive idea, I would look into either the impala ss badge, or maybe even some airbrushing to get the same kind of look.

As far as the 2 door, I guess you could weld and mold the rear door into the rear quarter, but I think shaved door handles would give him a better look