Buddy L 63 Ford wagons

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Jim 68cuda, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

I've never had one of these large sacle pressed steel wagons, but I tend to notice them when they show up on e-bay. Theres no doubt that both 63 Ford Country Squires (with wood)and 63 Ford Country Sedans (without wood) were made, though Buddy L I believe, simply refered to them as station wagons and did not use the Ford name.
    This one is currently on e-bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-BUDDY-L-WOO...ItemQQptZDiecast_Vehicles?hash=item3a5467f67b

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Jim....your worse than a woman...:yup:.your gonna cost me more dam money:rofl2:

3. Jim 68cuda

Like Tonka trucks, these toys saw rough outdoor use. This one appears to be in pretty decent shape. Frequently the corners of bumpers are broken off, the tailgate is frequently missing, and frequently the windows are broken or missing as well. On the woody wagons, the wood spear on the front fenders is frequently broken short. One last thing to look for if you decide to get any of these is the suspension. They had a simple spring suspension and sometimes the suspension is broken. This wagon looks good. I've not seen one in this color before. Usually when I see them on e-bay, the woody wagons are red or white, and the non woody wagons are red or blue. There may have been other colors as well. Interiors on red wagons is white, but white and blue wagons I believe usually had red interiors. I think these were sold new individually as well as a set including a trailer of some kind, like a horse or boat trailer.
    Its always fun to use peer pressure to get someone else to spend their money.

4. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    That is very cool, but not cool enuff for me to give up a days pay for it.

I started picking up vintage Tonka's for my youngest son to play with, I don't give over $30 shipped for them and they are in really nice shape. Got him a 10" long Jeep RV, 20" long Ambulance, 20" long Brown Van and a 19" long Black Pickup.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  5. Jim 68cuda

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  6. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Jim, his yard has one fleet, and now, he'll have to build a toy room inside! Poor(er) Rev! :evilsmile::biglaugh: