Black-Friday Texas Hill Country Fun Run in Roadmasters! 11/23/18

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 81X11, Dec 5, 2018.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Black-Friday Texas Hill Country Fun Run in Roadmasters! 11/23/18 - This was MUCH more fun than shopping! Had all the kids together for a Hill Country Adventure where we picked up the 6spd DGGM 94 Roadmaster "NotRod" Wagon, got to visit the '92 Roadmaster Sedan in Fredericksburg that I'd refubished last year, and got to put some good miles on my "Basic-White" '96 Roadmaster Wagon. Visited Texas Stonehenge in Ingram, and also The Wagonmaster Grand Wagoneer restoration shop in Kerrville, with a stop in San Antonio for a giant cinnamon roll at LuLu's Cafe before heading back north to Austin.

Some highlight pics below, with full Public Facebook Album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10217642094794859&type=3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You have to get out and enjoy these cars!

-Texas Mike

OrthmannJ likes this.
  2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Criminy, the Wagonmaster's looks like a Jeep dealership...almost. Do they also restore the J10 and associated pickups?

3. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    They mainly just do Grand Wagoneers and similar Cherokee trucks, but their wrecker is a J10! The pricing that guy gets for those things is astounding!

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

I don't doubt it. Otherwise, he'd be out of business or rebuilding other Jeeps.

5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Looks like a great time Mike. To me this is exactly the type of thing a family should do the day following Thanksgiving. It's all about spending time together and making memories. Not getting a screaming deal on the latest tech gadget that will be obsolete by June. This was definitely better than shopping.

I had a similar thought Andrew. I also decided that this fellow must be on of the main reason Wagoneers are now so dang expensive!

81X11 likes this.
  6. Silvertwinkiehobo

All it takes is one dishonest moron to declare something as a 'collectible,' to make everyone else's life Hell.

7. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I always drive by the Wagonmaster's place when I'm visiting my parents. He does some really good work. One of his paint and body guys did the work on one of my cars (and another that I won't discuss publicly). I'm always amazed not only that such a place exists in Kerrville but that he gets such big money for those old Jeeps...

81X11 likes this.