Back for awhile................

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Safariknut, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Safariknut

Safariknut Well-Known Member

Hello all: Decided to post again after a long absence.Having some medical issues of late(a long story not for here). Just wanted to let everyone who is interested that I am putting up my rather large collection of models and toy cars(primarily wagons of various scales). Have been taking inventory for the past couple weeks and am trying to figure out where best to show pictures of them. I have a Yahoo group called Kustom Konestogas that I may put them in if I can figure out how to fix the access to the group.
    I have some pictures posted in another thread but they are a bit old.It will give an idea of some of the stuff I have.

Attached Files:

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Is white the predominant color you finish your models in? And if so, is there a reason for it?

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:Welcome back. Hope you are feeling better. I've never had the patience to build models after my early days.
    A few members have collections. Hopefully you can add yours here.

4. Safariknut

I don't actively build models anymore. The examples pictured :the first is a 1.18th scale built up;the second is an old tin toy;the 3rd is an unpainted model and the last is a dealer promo.

5. Safariknut

a few more

Attached Files:

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I logged in to Yahoo and got to your group page, but got the red circle/line hovering over the pics tab.

I would like to see what else you have.

8. estatewagon

estatewagon Well-Known Member

Have you decided what you are asking for these cars? The hearse is interesting, what is that made of and is it custom made? I also like the tin Ford ambulance and the Tootsietoy Ranch wagon.

9. uncledave

uncledave Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Is the Ford Sedan Delivery a metal bank? I have an Auburn Toy collection and just included a blue Cadi-Nomad, like your red one. Neat stuff. unc

10. Safariknut

Sorry to be so late in replying but my life has been very hectic of late.Mama's got a ton of medical issues we are still trying to address.
    I am still in the process of trying to catalog everything and figure out whether I will sell them as a lot or sell off individual pieces. I really don't have the time to do e-Bay or the like and am not a fan of auctions either.
    The Ford sedan delivery is I believe a later recreation of a National Products cast aluminum model(not a bank)as the wheels are one piece of machined aluminum. I also have a 55 Ford Fairlane 4 door sedan with the same wheels.Not sure who made them but they are nice castings;not like the earlier National cars that were full of part lines and porous castings.
    The 57 Ford tin wagon ambulance is in good shape but missing the siren and a side mirror.Not sure if it is marked with a mfr's name;I'll check it tomorrow.
    What is taking the most time is that the scales range from 1/285th(lead cast military items)to a 1/4 scale r/c Corvette and everything in between.Just photographing them is a major project in itself. So please bear with me a bit longer and I will try and finish as soon as possible.

11. uncledave

uncledave Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I hadn't read into this you were selling, just thought you were showing us part of your collection. I will be keeping an eye out for your list, I may be able to make more room in the showcase, keep us posted. Best of luck to your family! unc