B body headliner clips

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by autocomman, Feb 26, 2017.

1. autocomman

autocomman Member

On my 82 custom cruiser I've actually gotten a hold of the unobtanium garnish moulding clips for the rear headliner....the front headliner I have the clips for the windshield garnish moulding...but the moulding over the doors for the front headliner I'm going nuts thing to figure out what clips they are...caprice, delta 88 etc etc should all have the same clips...but since this was a long term project and the old ones exploded when I pulled it apart 2 years ago. I don't even remember what they look like..anyone have any insight?

Mark

2. peter4821

peter4821 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck finding those.

3. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

4. autocomman

autocomman Member

Thing is I dont even know what they look like, are the the slide on clips like on G bodies? Or are the like the arrow shaped clips like on the windshield? Its been so long since I saw em, and I dont even remember what they look like cause they exploded when they came out. And I hate to admit its been so long I dont know what hols in the roof they use....I have windshield clips, and thats about all I can find, 2 different style clips for those, I think one for the front windshield and one for the sedan rear moulding. And like I said I have the rear headliner side clips, but the front side clips, anyone have a pic??

5. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    If you are talking about the garnish molding clips along the sides and rear of the headliner (and those are two different styles of clips), no one has them. They are long unavailable. SOMETIMES you will find vendors who have N.O.S. clips available, but those are very few and far between. The do not interchange with any other GM clips. The are unique to the B-body wagons.

6. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG] I'm guessing your old ones all look like this. It is virtually impossible to get the garnish molding off without breaking the clips. Note the unbroken one on the upper right.

7. autocomman

autocomman Member

Those are for the rear headliner sides and rear garnish moulding, and I actually found someone who had em and bought all of em haha...But the front headliner I would think is the same as any other B-body sedan. The wagon has 2 headliners as we all know and the front section I thought was a standard thing. The side clips for the front headliner garnish are not like the rear ones are they?

Just wanna be sure we are on the same page, im good on the rear section with the unobtanium clips. The front headliner side garnish mouldings, above the B-pillars, thats what im lookin for...Ive got the windshield garnish moulding clips

8. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage:
    Yes, you are correct. I was referring to the load-area garnish molding clips. The front garnish molding clips are the same as for the sedans.

9. autocomman

autocomman Member

Cool, so whats the part number or picture of what im lookin for haha

10. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage:
    I posted the photo above

11. autocomman

autocomman Member

Right, those are for the load area, but im talkin about the front area, those in the pic look like the rear clips, i need the fronts

12. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage:
    The clips at the front above the windshield look like this. GM part number is 20007308.

[​IMG]

Here's one source.

You can also find them on ebay if you search that part number.

13. autocomman

autocomman Member

Gettin closer, we have covered every clip but what im lookin for. I have the windshield clips, I have the load rear clips, I dont have the SIDE clips for the FRONT headliner...sorry, but this is going in circles. I am trying to locate the FRONT headliner SIDE molding clips

14. DDYTDY

DDYTDY New Member

Bump...

Looking for a part numbers for the side and rear load area garnish moulding clips.

Thanks!
    Ray

15. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage:
    The clips that hold the side garnish moldings above the rear quarter windows are P/N 20017921.

[​IMG]

The clips that hold the garnish molding above the back window are P/N 20016438.

[​IMG]