A promo reincarnated in resin ...........

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by eshaver, May 15, 2010.

1. eshaver

eshaver New Member

A while back , i asked for help in pictures and details of any 54 Plymouth wagons . I had a resin body that was origionally a "Promo " from a now defuntct company known back in the 60's as Product Model Company. Anyway , both a sedan and the wagon were produced years ago. The cars never had an interior , but they did include clear glass, rare in those days too.
    [​IMG]
    I did the body in as close to a factory color as possible . The black was done as a DEALER addition . yes , this was actually done as I used to do these kinds of things in a Dealer Body shop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now you might see a For Sale sign in the window. Theres a reason as this will be a part of a diorama of Crown Central service station I'm constructing .
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to all who were kind enough to send me notes and of course those invaluable pictures ! the model ommited a lot of needed details . I still need to add licence plates and a pair of wipers too.
    Ed Shaver

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

That is a awesome promo, Johan also made promo models up into the early 70's. I've seen a Johan 66ish Rambler wagon promo....I'll keep looking for it.

3. eshaver

eshaver New Member

Ted, uh Jo- Han did the 1963 Rambler as a Friction . I havent seen one in years though . Ed Shaver

4. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

Nice job, Eshaver. Be sure to post some pics of the service station when you get it all done.