'83 caprice wagon "as found" interior

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by 1tireman, Mar 13, 2011.

1. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This is my interior "as found" condition.All 3 rows of seats are excellent,headliner and all panels are great.Tailgate panel a little faded.Dash had a mat on it was worried about looking under it but to my surprise it has no cracks.They must have changed pad and then put cover.I paid $500 for car "as is" needing motor.I had 350 for another project which I sold less motor.I traded work with a friend who builds motors for rebuild on my motor so I have about $400 tied up in motor.I had alot of the parts and did some trading for what else I needed.My goal is to have a good cruiser with under $1500 total.$900 in so it seems very possible.I found receipt in car for $700 worth of dual exhaust done on car 400 miles before engine blew according to mileage on ticket.Just wanted to share some pics and thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      62.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      34.7 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      151.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      89.4 KB
      Views:
  2. 1tireman

Wagon Garage:
    The worst thing was the butcher that put in the radio.They did neat work with everything else don't know why they did that with radio.The carpet has 2 stains that might come out with good cleaning and it has 1 hole in carpet by brake pedal.

3. 89Safari

89Safari Active Member

Nice find, wish I could find a $500.00 car in that kind of shape here, especially a wagon. It's nice to find a car that you can put together with spare parts and not have a fortune in it. I miss those days when you could go to the local junkyard and find all you needed to build your car (at least cars that I like). Have fun with it!!

4. 1tireman

Wagon Garage:
    Found out a friend of mine worked at a dealership with the guy who restored this car 10 or so years ago.He said it was the guy's pride and joy.The guy got married and passed the car on to his 18 or 19 year old step son who managed to botch a radio install and blow the engine in less than a year.Well marriage didn't work out,step son had car free and clear.Went a traded in on Honda car.The guy who gave it to the step son tracked it down (most local dealerships everybody has worked together at some point or another) thru someone working there.He was offered it before me but was disgusted with the engine blown and the little body work it needed.Guess since he kept it so nice I don't know.Either way worked out for me and that's rare.

5. Ringer

Ringer New Member

AWESOME score! Good story too!

6. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey, Tman....I hope you aren't near the areas that are flooding again there in LA! I was reading that they are evacuating some areas.:(

7. 1tireman

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for asking but no I am about 35 miles north west of New Orleans. I am pretty safe where I am, when everything flooded for hurricane Katrina I didn't and best thing is if I were to ever have to go I am within 2 miles of I-10,I-12 or I-59.

8. MEANVN

MEANVN New Member

wow what a big difference your caprice wagon is from mine,