79 CHEVY CAPRICE CLASSIC WAGON 3RD ROW REAR SEAT COVER

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by JINXY, Nov 17, 2018.

1. JINXY

JINXY Member

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW OF A RESOURCE TO BUY ....... A 79 CHEVY CAPRICE CLASSIC WAGON 3RD ROW REAR SEAT COVER? I WAS TOLD FROM ANOTHER FORUM USER THAT 1977-90 WERE THE SAME. INCLUDING OLDSMOBILE CUSTOM CRUISERS.
    ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED.
    THANK'S
    SAM

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The seats in these are all the same. The actual upholstery covering them MIGHT be different. Come to think of it, Only Oldsmobile's might be different, as their seat was matched to the other two.

3. JINXY

JINXY Member

Than's for the reply....... If I get a frame and cushions is there a supplier out there that sells the correct cover for a 77 -90 CHEVY CAPRICE CLASSIC WAGON? DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A SUPPLIER or where to go other than a upholstery shop. Right now I have nothing the wagon never came with this option.
    Thank's
    Sam

4. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think your best bet is to liberate as much as you can from a donor car. The chances of you finding someone that sells repro seat covers for that application are zero. The good news is most of the third row seat upholstery I see in cars is in pretty good shape. If you can find one in the same color you should be in business. As KK alluded to above even if the rest of the upholstery in the car is cloth the third row seat was usually vinyl. Oldsmobile seemed to be the exception to this rule.

5. JINXY

JINXY Member

Thank's for the reply I will keep this in mind.
    Sam