77 Cadillac Seville Seattle C/L $5400.00 OBO

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by cammerjeff, Apr 8, 2021.

1. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

To go along with the fancy Granada, here is the Fancy Nova from Cadillac. Nice asking price, good looking example. I like the colors myself. FI Olds 350. I am assuming it is a very well preserved 109,000 miles.

also I never noticed the drivers side power seat switch's are mounted on the door panel, but the passenger side switch's are mounted on the seat & the door panel?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-1977-cadillac-seville-make-an/7297808856.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    At $5,400, this is an absolute STEAL if I ever saw one...... If I had known about this one went I went to Tacoma to pick up my pickup, I might have travelled just a bit further and bought this instead!

As to the passenger seat controls issue. The brochure indicates that a '2-way' power seat was standard on the right, while a 6-way was standard for the driver. A 6-way was optional on the right. Not sure why this one seems to have a 2-way (?) control on the seat in addition to the 6-way control on the door......

3. cammerjeff

I agree this seems to be a deal, if it were close to me I would have to look at it. My mother actually was given one as a loaner when her Mk 5 was in for work, she traded the Mark in for a very nice Black 79 Seville, it only lasted about 6 months as she got rear ended by a drunk when she was stopped at a light. But she walked away from it, and she was GM Girl after that car.

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Unless there is something really wrong here, agreed $5,400. Holy moly that’s a lot of car for that dough.

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

That is weird. AFAIK, there was neither a seatback recliner, not a lumbar adjustment. Is it possible that right seat's from another car, with the same interior color?

6. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Possible, I suppose, but I doubt it. Have you ever seen a car where the front passenger seat wears out faster than the driver seat?

We need some kind of 1st-gen Seville expert to explain this one.....

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

I used to have a '75, a looong time ago. I even posted a pic on here, IIRC. But for the life of me, I cannot remember if the passenger seat was powered at all, let alone if it was 2-way or 6-way. I traded the car for a couple other cars, and a few months later, the guy I traded it to had a house fire. A complete and total loss. It burned to the wheels; you could not even recognize what kind of car it was, it had burned so hot.

8. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    I have a client in In the Phoenix area that works for Pulte, and they quite printing price sheets as the cost of materials is going through the roof and they can’t keep ahead of it. Too they’re so backlogged with new construction orders they’re not allowed to sell any additional homes. What crazy times we live in.

9. cammerjeff

The price has been reduced to $4900.00. I wonder if the passenger side door panel has been replaced with one from a different car? Ad does say the car has been repainted. And the A/C does not work.

10. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Well in everything I could read on -76-79 Seville’s they talk about the 50/50 comfort lounge seats with a 6 way power drivers seat and a 2 way power passenger seat, with both sets of controls conveniently located in the door panel. They speak of a manual recliner available I wonder if that just not the recliner button. I don’t see anywhere else on seat or door where it would be located.

11. Silvertwinkiehobo

That makes sense. Of course, I was the only occupant, so I never paid the passenger seat any mind.

12. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    I recently bought a ‘76. Now I can’t remember if it has the recliner or not.

13. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    $4,900 OBO. Could get it for $4,500 I bet.

14. cammerjeff

Well according to this site

http://www.cadillacseville.org/information.html

the passenger side seat was 6 way power seat with power recline standard, so I wager the lever on the seat is the power recline button. Also I see a Tilt and Telescope steering column was also standard. If I still had a GM X-Body I would be searching for one of those column.

15. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    I looked at brochure information. I didn’t check Elegante options. They were loaded to sky. This is a pretty Seville. Hope it goes to a good hone.