71-76 GM diecast?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Dude29, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Dude29

Dude29 Member

Wagon Garage:
    Do they, or did they, ever make diecast for 1971-1976 Gm wagons? Or models? Been all over internet. No luck.

2. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I've never seen one. I imagine it would be a function of how many a manufacturer would have been likely to sell. Given the very un-sexiness of station wagons compared to sports cars and everything else that would attract the attention of model car collectors (who, back in the day, were, frankly, likely to be 12-year-old boys collecting Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars like I used to do at that age), I think it unlikely that anyone would have thought that building model replicas of clamshell station wagons (or any station wagon) would have been a money-making proposition.

I certainly would have liked to have had a model of the '73 Custom Cruiser I once had, but, like I said, I never saw one.

3. Dude29

Dude29 Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have a model of a 1973 chevy wagon. I think it's a 1/24 scale, or close to it. It can be bought at modelhaus. They also have a four door sedan. They have two versions of each. One regular and a demolition derby version. I recommend the regular version because it comes complete. They are pretty pricey though, $95.00 for wagon. I have one of each. Haven't put together yet.

4. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Johnny Lightning made 73 Caprice wagons and I believe 71 and 76 sedans. American Excellence made 1/43 scale 74 Buick Estate wagons and 74 2 door LeSabres.

5. m261398

m261398 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  6. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yep. The JLs look pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Motor Max American Grafitti also made a '76 Caprice 2-door, which they ruined with those tacky flames. 1:64 scale

[​IMG]

7. Yuk

Yuk Well-Known Member

8. occupant

occupant Occupantius

Wagon Garage:
    I wrote a letter to Lesney in the 1980s requesting that they make a 76-79 Mazda GLC Sport hatchback, a Datsun 210 wagon, and a Chevette. I also added a P.S. saying their cars were starting to have too many stickers and wild paintjobs and that cars didn't really look that way in real life.

I received a canned typed letter in return saying something to the effect of "we don't accept unsolicited ideas or advice" and that completely ruined probably the rest of that year.

If I remember right it was the same year a teacher took one of my Matchbox cars and told me I could have it back at the end of the school year. Sometime between that day and the last day of school, she lost it, or took it home to her kids, or something. And when I asked for my blue Challenger with the white top and red interior back, she stated she didn't have it, and when I freaked out and started opening up her desk drawers looking for it, she had me forcibly removed from the classroom. I was six. Thirty years later I still get mad, and my face scrunches up and my hands still shake when I think about it.

9. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

AAhhg!! You too? Mine was a maroon Lamborghini Miura. :mad:

10. gray07

gray07 New Member

Jl also made demolition derby chevy wagons