70/71 Torino/Fairlane/Falcon Third row seat

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Tpndrcn, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Tpndrcn

Tpndrcn Member

Hey all , I have been on here before and previously owned a 70 1/2 Falcon Wagon and now getting the opportunity to own another wagon, thankfully! I want to see if anyone has close up pictures of a third row option that was in these cars. It seems very rare and hard to find one with it or one for sale. I want to know the differences in between the cargo area lid/cover and the third row seat lid/cover, any latch differences , and how the cushions store so that one could possibly be fabricated. Anyone who can help would be very much appreciated. I have these four pictures but nothing closer in detail and nothing that shows them closed

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  2. 65wcb

65wcb Member

Well, I was hoping someone would have some info for you here. I ran in to the same thing with mine, and you found more pictures than I could. Judging by your pictures, it looks like the well cover is the same, just some extra hinge brackets added that hold and probably lower the seat bottom when closed.

I ended up building my own with some plywood I had covered. The base is stationary with some angle brackets bolted in to existing holes in the well. I wasn't concerned with originality, just needed something there because the first thing people do is walk around back to see the rear seat, and I was tired of disappointing them.

Attached Files:

3. FalconFuturaWagon

FalconFuturaWagon FordFan

Wagon Garage:
    Let me check with some Falcon club friends and see if I can find anything.