67 Wagon at the track

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by cudatom, Oct 13, 2015.

1. cudatom

cudatom Member

Well after 2 yrs I got the wagon out and made some passes. Ran 7.09 in the 1/8. Hope the video loads.[​IMG]

wagonmaster likes this.
  2. LongroofSavoy

LongroofSavoy New Member

Awesome wagon. I hope to get mine out to the track early next year. I have a 64 Savoy Wagon with a 440, 727, 4.10 Dana 60.

What is the combination in your wagon?

3. goatless

goatless Pontiac Man

Wagon Garage:
    Nice! That's real low 11s in the 1/4. Probably well into the 10s with some tuning and seat time!

4. cudatom

cudatom Member

It's a 512 based on a 400 block. Origonally I built the short block for a higher power level. Had a custom roller, Indy head, aluminum mains etc. Best Machine did the wk.
    The stroker is a 440 Source kit. 4.25 stroke, I beam rods 6.535 and Diamont flat tops. Chuck and Pete said the kit was real nice. They had no issues with it.
    Well life thru me some bad curve balls and the short block sat for several yrs(9 yrs actually). Some people had problems with the I beam rods at higher power levels and I decided to just lower the out put.
    It now has Eddy Performer RPMs 84cc that Nick at Compuflow cleaned up, small Comp Cam xs282s, M1 intake(had it on the shelf ) wilson 4 hole 1" spacer and a Biggs 950 Holley I ran on my Cuda.
    The radiator is by Champion(still need to seal the shroud a little better), auto w/Griner vb, PTC convertor 3500-3800 stall, dana with 4.10 and cal tracs.
    Dangerous Dan(Dailey) in Alliance did the paint.
    Interior is all there but carpet and headliner. The headliner is the trouble spot. The old owner took it out. So I have no cardboard or supports. There is a company that makes a cloth conversion one and I may go that direction.
    I have to get a roll bar installed over the winter and when that is done will finish the interior.
    All in all a good outing. Car is a hand full at speed so I will have to get a better alignment(one more for strip use than street). May also go to E85 as it is so much cheaper and my fuel system can use either. The DA was almost 3000' so not bad for a 1st outing.
    Runs were 7.091, 7.090, 7.134(changed shock setting) & 7.112 put shocks back to initial setting but added a little pre-load to the caltrac(the car really did not like that one).

5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That was a rad video! Thanks sharing.

wagonmaster likes this.
  6. LongroofSavoy

LongroofSavoy New Member

Very nice. Sounds like your going to need to figure out a roll bar pretty soon. Looks like you're going quick enough to need it.

7. cudatom

cudatom Member

Yeah the cut off is 7.35 at this track before a bar is needed. So over the winter I will get a roll bar installed and then finish the interior(carpet and headliner).