64 falcon rear crank window

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by 64Falcon, Feb 1, 2018.

1. 64Falcon

64Falcon New Member

Looking for help. The rear window cranks all but the last inch. Not enough to open the tailgate. I am looking for trouble shooting instructions. Service manual or other directions.

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I'm not an expert by any stretch, but you may have to remove the panel and take a look inside to see what's going on.
    It won't be the easiest thing to do from inside the cargo area, but a good first step in diagnosing the issue.
    Good luck!

3. FalconFuturaWagon

FalconFuturaWagon FordFan

Wagon Garage:
    My understanding is the interior panel on the tailgate cannot be removed with the tailgate closed. The shop manual says to "remove the side and upper runs". I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done to accomplish that. Post your question on TFFN (tffn.net...look under forums). TFFN is a Ford Falcon forum with many knowledgable folks to help you out. If you are an FCA member, you can also send your question to Bruce Wolfe, our head tech advisor. He should be able to get you an answer.

4. 64Falcon

64Falcon New Member

5. 64Falcon

64Falcon New Member

We were able to fix it. The sound proof insulation had fallen down under the window. coat hanger and flashlight pulled enough out to get the trash out and close the window. Once able to open we took the panel off and cleared out the rest of the trash. One day we will get new insulation installed. She does not run so no reason to rattle now.

Attached Files:

6. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Clean that out really well and hopefully rust has not started. If it has then take steps to treat it. That is why you see the bottom of most old tailgates rusted out. I'm guessing '64 Falcon tailgates aren't getting any more plentiful these days.

7. FalconFuturaWagon

Wagon Garage:
    Looks like you need the tailgate window fuzzy and weather stripping. Glad you got the window down and can work on it now. There is a national Falcon Club (Falcon Club of America). There are 2 FCA Chapters in Michigan if you need local help with the wagon. Go to this link and scroll down to find them. The Metro Detroit Chapter, in particular, is pretty active. http://www.falconclub.com/chapters/north-central/

8. 64Falcon

64Falcon New Member

Thanks, I'm contacting the Keystone chapter. Happily our Silverado gave up inside parking

9. FalconFuturaWagon

Wagon Garage:
    Keystone Chapter...I don't know how I thought you were in MI! The Keystone Chapter will have an FCA Regional show in May. Maybe we'll see you there. We've got a green 65 wagon.