63 Merc or Ford Wagon Window seals

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by lrbbiz, Feb 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lrbbiz

lrbbiz Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can lead me to a place I can order the window sweep/seal parts, both rubber and felt for the doors and tailgate window for my 63 Colony Park. I tired Steele Rubber and they do not have anything that comes close even in the universal catalog.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

2. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Well-Known Member

You can get the side window weatherstrip (also known as beltline weatherstripping) from Dearborn Classics, and Steele Rubber too, I think. I got mine from Dearborn Classics (see my installation thread here:)

http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/threads/belt-weatherstripping-replacement.47238/

Tailgate is a completely different story. Mine is crap, and I can't find any specific rubber for it. I am currently trying to salvage some of the pieces to see if any of the general trim items sold by the foot from Steele Rubber or Rubber The Right Right will fit enough to make it work. I haven't been looking too hard at this point because it is too cold to put it on anyway, but I'll resume the search in the Spring.

This is the link to Steele Rubber door window weatherstrip for a 1963 Ford Country Sedan:

https://www.steelerubber.com/windowfelt-63-galaxie-4dr-sdn-80-0653-57

3. lrbbiz

lrbbiz Member

Wagon Garage:

4. lrbbiz

lrbbiz Member

Wagon Garage:
    @HotRodRacer Thank you for the information I'll check out your links now. I've been going back and forth on the tailgate window with Steele for a bit now, they are sending me a second set of samples. So far their felt options are way smaller than the worn strip I pulled out. The felt stripping on my fairlane windows are the right sive, just not 48" long.

I'll update this post once I find something that will work for the tailgate window.