'55 Cadillac Hearse on eBay - Zapotlanejo, Mexico

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jim535, Sep 20, 2017.

1. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
  2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Agreed, but I think it will be for sale along time considering that price and its location. Made in Detroit MI, Converted in Bellefontaine Oh10. I always get into trouble as I pronounce it wrong, the locals pronounce it Bell Fountain. I tend to use the French pronunciation like we would in Michigan.

ModelT1 likes this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    A little rough for that price on a one time use vehicle.

millsy likes this.
  4. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    If you gotta go, you might as well go in style, Cat. ;)

Must be the influence of the descendants of all those French Canadians in Michigan that keep the pronunciations correct. I grew up in Des Plaines, Illinois. Imagine how we mangled the pronunciation of that name. :90:

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I always called it DES Planes like Desi and Lucy. Not Dee Plane like in Fantasy Island.

We have a very small farming town near call San Jose, Ill. Everyone calls it San Joes not San Hoezay.

6. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Yep, that's how we pronounced it too. Next time you're in the area, tell people you're going to "Day Plehn". They will probably look at you like you're plumb loco. :coco:

Fun fact for today: Cadillac, MI was named after Antoine de la Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, one of the famous French Canadian explorers. He was also governor of Louisiana for a spell.

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Louisiana, now there's a state with some strange names and pronounciations. They don't even have counties.

Funner useless facts for today
    Ottawa is also in Illinois. Ottawa, Illinois is near Starved Rock St Park where starving Indians were forced to jump into the shallow Illinois river, named after another group of Indians. They could have used this Cadillac hearse.
    Our town was supposedly named after Peking, China, straight down from us. There are a lot of other Pekin's but Peking, which may be spelled incorrectly, did change their name. Our HS had to change from Pekin Chinks to Pekin Dragons to be politically correct.
    So many countries have changed names I need to go back to school to find out what's where. Sadly even my schools are gone.
    I sometimes wonder if it was all a dream and I'm in the wrong place. Keep the meter running in the hearse.