1985 Mercury Colony Park is going

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by MAK, Dec 20, 2018.

1. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    to all my friends on the forum
    well it's time to sell the wagon. Since closing the stores this past August, deal with skin cancer in September I have finally figured out what I want to do - I am getting a 55 - to 65' boat and going to crusie the eastern seaboard and the Caribbean. Has been a dream since I was in my 20's and ya know life is short and your in the box a long time.

Yesterday took my friend to pick up his 1969 XKE from Mike Gassmann's ( Triumph, Lotus and Jag restorations)shop in Waynesboro VA and mentioned that the wagon is going up for sale for $6,000. he replied
    Don't sell it when Ford stops making cars its going to jump in price" told him its going to go, have driven it less than 500 miles this year and looks like it going to less next. so have to send him the info and pictures and he said it should be gone before the 1st of the year.
    Door locks front both and tailgate decided that they wanted to stop working - not sure if I am going to fix. price will remain the same. Price is not negotiable - at all, unless someone wants to pay more.

so that it fellow forum folks it going to go
    will keep you posted on the events as they transpire - not going on craigslist, eBay etc. cant be bothered with the hassle, will sell thru word of mouth only.
    upload_2018-12-20_16-23-44.png
    upload_2018-12-20_16-24-15.png
    upload_2018-12-20_16-29-33.png
    upload_2018-12-20_16-30-17.png upload_2018-12-20_16-30-56.png upload_2018-12-20_16-34-20.png upload_2018-12-20_16-34-47.png

millsy and ModelT1 like this.
  2. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

Very clean wagon.. Good luck with the sale and "sail"!

ModelT1 likes this.
  3. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sad to see that you have to part with your wagon. Hope you find as much happiness in your new adventure!...Longroofs Rule!

ModelT1 likes this.
  4. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Happy to hear you will be able to accomplish a dream, sad to see the car go, good luck with the sale, it is a great looking car in a great color combination.

5. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's a very nice looking wagon, I sure hope you sell it quickly to avoid the headaches\hassles.

6. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I’ve sold a number of cars and boats on eBay. Bought a few too. Sure you may get a number of silly questions. You may get a few dubious bids, but I have always found serious buyers at my price. You may have to relist a few times. No biggie. And don’t rule out that it gives you buyers in Europe. Sold two cars there. Both to people who have bought here before. They know what to do. It takes an extra month to ship but they pay within a week of sale so no big deal if you can hang on to it for and extra 3o days.

7. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    thanks, good chance the car is going to Holland, if not car will sell, not in any rush, mechanically car is in well above average shape, sure the suspension parts could all be replaced just to get it tighter, but they are all in good working order, anything that was worn out or aged ungracefully has been replaced. even the lights on the doors work when you pull on the handles.
    car is a driver and looks almost new from 20 feet, super at 10, have to be right up to it to see the age.

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. LAMCPWAGON

LAMCPWAGON Member

Mak, just seeing this, any chance your CP is still available??

9. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    LAMCPWAGON
    just sent you a pm

10. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

I WISH I had more garage bays, there have been a couple of nice wagons up for sale lately. GL with the sale

11. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Millsy
    thanks

12. Palmer

Palmer New Member

Hey, assuming this sold, but if not, I’d love to chat.
    Cheers, Michael