1982 Olds Custom Cruiser Third Row Seat Addition

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by Duo, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Duo

Duo Member

Hi all, I'm in the process of adding a third row seat to my '82 Custom Cruiser, and I'm stumped with a couple things trying to install this back rest I ordered from a junkyard. Originally my car just had the extra cargo space, and I'm wondering if the black metal frame that surrounds the whole trunk section is the same whether the car had the third seat from the factory or not?

Here are some photos of the two brackets on either side of the seat back. It seems too wide to fit inside the brackets on the inside of the black frame, but is there some kind of additional hardware piece I'm missing?

If anyone has photos of the factory seat setup without the plastic covers on that would be a big help.

Thanks!

60Mercman likes this.
  2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the Forum. There are a lot of guys on here that have fit the third seat into these wagons. I’m sure you will find plenty of help. Have Ford products here so the fit is relatively easy. Good luck.

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have an interesting project on your hands. I know there have been others on here that have added (or attempted to add) a third row seat. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, so you'll have to wait for them to chime in.