1982 Ford Granada L

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Aug 21, 2019.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't think I've ever seen one. Granted I was born in 1991, though.

3. jwdtenn

The 1978-81 Fairmont turned into the Granada for one year only in 1982.

101Volts likes this.
  4. mrvans

mrvans Well-Known Member

Actually the first generation Granda was produced from 1975 to 1980. The Fairmont (Fox) body Granada was sold in 1981 & 1982. The 1981 Granada had no wagon as comparable Fairmont wagons covered that market segment. The wagon body style move from the Fairmont to the Granada in 1982. The Granada nameplate was replace by the LTD from 1983-1986. (The full size Panther bodies became Crown Vic’s.) Ultimately the LTD was replaced in the market by the successful Taurus and the Fox body Granada’s and LTDs were largely forgotten. 1982 marked the only year for a Granada wagon.

5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    He says engine parts were replaced. I think, he means the fuel pump and oil pressure sender. If he isn't specific, those reading the ad might get the impression that internal mechanicals have been replaced. At allegedly only the milage claimed, there should have been absolutely no need for replacing any internal engine part, unless severe abuse was in play. And even then, these are known for being robust engines.
    Somehow, all of the work claimed done, especially a re-cored radiator, at only 62,000 miles somehow doesen't seem to coincide, depite the engine being as clean as it is.
    As for being "garage kept", the paint finish seems to tell another story. Even if this particular color's prone to premature fading.
    If the body's as rust-free as claimed, it's still a good deal at that going price

[​IMG]

6. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Pretty good rundown. Only minor correction is the full size Panther was called the LTD Crown Victoria which I assure you causes absolutely no confusion in parts catalogs at all when looking up parts for the "just" LTD. Also, most people erroneously refer to the fox LTD as the LTD II which is great too.

7. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

So what? You're not allowed to look at things made before you were born? Do you watch reruns on TV? :)

8. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    No big deal. :p I just bought a Merle Travis record from Goodwill, too; what a talent he had.

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  9. jwdtenn

10. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Down from $1500, at which he got no bids. It'll be interesting to see if any interest is generated now. I would guess not as it will probably take getting the starting price to $1000 or less to spark some bidding.

But what we're seeing here is how much of a following these cars have...none. To most anyone looking at it, it's a 37-year-old used car.

11. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

the seller would be better served selling the spare wheels separately, throwing them in with a wagon that seems destined to sell for under $1000 seems counter productive. For a car that was never driven in the winter, was garage kept and only has 62,000 miles on it, I think it shows excessive rust thru, and the faded paint also does not match the claims.

But that is one of the colors that was recalled if I remember correctly, an ex room mate of mine had a 83 mustang in about that color and the paint on the hood peeled off in one sheet in a heavy rain storm in 1989, he almost wrecked the car as it stuck to the wet windshield! Ford repainted the car for free when it had almost 150,000 miles on it, they painted rright over the rust holes!!!!! LOL

12. mrvans

mrvans Well-Known Member

Low option with no A/C. Even though this is a rare one year only model, it just wasn’t popular in ‘82 and I don’t think that has changed today. I agree he might get as much selling the wheels separately as what the car is worth.