1978 Mercury Grand Marquis

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Sep 20, 2017.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

47K? Same family? So why did it sit for 20 years? Good price and it looks like they detailed it as well as fixed the rotted underhood stuff.

3. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Who knows, my father had a 74 GMC P/U he parked because "it only got 6mpg" it sat in the barn from 1979 until 2015 under a tarp until he passed, 250 I-6 3 on the tree agricultural truck. So it does happen for various reasons. My father just did not want to sell it. I suspect he was having trouble working the clutch and he did not want anyone to know. But its to late to ask him about it, and I would not have gotton a straight answer anyway.

Good looking car.

4. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cammerjeff
    I get what your saying, my Dad live an hour and half away, but was always reluctant to come down to visit, think he didn't want to strain his beloved car. His pimped 1983 Tornado (pic below), he has the top and paint done twice but never put any $ into any mechanical issue. He couldn't afford any of this but wouldn't admit it. Finally he had to go into nursing care
    ( My brother and I paid - eee gads $$$) so I took the car. While my wife thinks my 85 Colony Park is an eyesore her opinion of this was)(&)&)(*&9&(*^%&^%^&%9
    his Tornado. it actually wasn't in that bad of shape - new headliner; heater core, all gaskets, and wiper motor - but what I really needed was a wide brimmed furry hat in leopard. sold it after he passed away in 07
    upload_2017-9-21_19-54-30.png