1977 Pontiac Bonneville

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, May 22, 2018.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Couldn't be bothered to clean it out? The Ranger P/U I'm helping to get ready to sell, I'm hand-cleaning the upholstery and carpeting, the dash and door panels, and all the windows before I take any pics. Presentation is 60% of what gets someone to buy a vehicle. It isn't clean, it isn't selling.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I believe the skirts were standard on the Bonneville Brougham model, but 'available' on the regular Bonneville in certain applications. What those applications were, I don't know.

4. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I would say it's more like 80 to 90%, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to sell a vehicle at a distance, which means that people have only photos to look at as their introduction to the car. You have to whet their appetite enough to get them to inquire, and most of that battle is making the car look good. I agree. I've never understood why people can't take 15 minutes to clean the loose junk (empty water bottles, kids' toys, etc.) out of the car and give it a vacuum and a wash, then get it out into the sunshine and take some decent photos.

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    EXACTLY......
    I've thought before about starting a business where I would help people create good Craig's List and E-Bay ads (more CL than E-Bay.....). But then I think, the people who really need that kind of service are 1) Too lazy to clean up their vehicle, which would be step one of the process, and 2) Too cheap to pay me the $25 or whatever I would charge to make the ad........

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

The 60% factor came from a friend who sold cars for about a half-century, but at that time, advertising had not yet hit the Internet; eBay didn't yet sell cars. But you do bring a valid point: some of these sales are long-distance (Hell, Everett to Seattle's 21 miles, but there are those who think it's another country they're going to), as far as C/L and eBay are concerned. So, why not do a bit of cleaning? Make it look appealing.