1976 Grand Safari wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by SwannyMotorsports, Nov 22, 2016.

1. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

IMG_9827.JPG IMG_9826.JPG Finally pulled her out of hibernation. A very good friend of mine wanted a good wagon. 76, 455, 41,000 original miles Rally gauge package, power windows and locks, air, cruise tilt power gate and 8 passenger. I've owned this car for 9 years. Had it in storage and it's a long story. But I finally got her out tonight to sell.

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    After the fill-up, she'll get excellent fuel mileage..........on the trailer. LOL

Nice unit. Glad it will be back on the road soon.....

fannie likes this.
  3. SwannyMotorsports

It had a 1/8 and it was old gas. Had to put some 93 octane in it and let it run for awhile to get the motor running right

4. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

That's a sweet wagon right there! NO WOODGRAIN! and the gauge package! SWEET aftermarket wheels. I can see why you had that put away. Usually takes 30-45 min of fresh fuel running thru the carb to clean out to old poo in the bowl.

5. SwannyMotorsports

It's one I should keep. But I have a few nice ones and I hated to see it sitting and wasting away. After I got it out I instantly regretted selling it but he's a great guy and he will take awesome care of it. And who knows, he might just sell it back to me someday

6. SwannyMotorsports

Wagon is delivered to its new home. He is a forum member so I will let him decide if he wants everyone to know.

Good thing is he will love it and actually enjoy it where as all I ever did was store it away. I did unload it before he got home and took it for a cruise down the highway. Hard to believe after sitting all that time the cruise worked and the air was ice cold!!!!! What a great car.

fannie likes this.
  7. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Great news. That would be my 2nd favorate clamshell after a 71 equipped the same way.

8. SwannyMotorsports

I use to be a 75-76 Chevy guy. But the 71-73 Buicks and then the 74-76 Pontiacs have some awesome body lines. I love my 72 Chevy wagon but it's just not as sexy without the body lines