1975 Chevrolet Impala

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Jul 14, 2020.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    ‘75 - ‘72 wheelcovers. What’s the difference? I totally agree. For that money. I’m gonna have to look up that woven interior as well. Plus what’s thing hanging down on picture 10/22?

3. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's an old used car trick. If you don't have a full set but have at least 2, put them on the same side and most people won't notice. That passenger lower door panel sure faded badly...

4. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    If you look closely, unless it an illusion I’m seeing even the tire white walls are different as well. At least they match the mis-matched hub caps.... if that makes any sense. elB that really is a spin on the old used car trick. Wonder if there is a ‘72 running around Chicago with ‘wider whites and ‘75 wheel covers on the flip side of this one?

5. Bigboats34

Bigboats34 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t worry about the wheelcovers. There are a couple pics that show both side match, and yes I see different whitewall widths too. I bet some pictures are older than others.

The seats are correct and pretty rare. In 75, Caprice or Impala could be ordered with this Sport Cloth interior, only in this color saddle/black. It’s very sharp in person. Seldom seen on Impala or Wagons. I have seen 2 Caprice convertibles with Sport Cloth....most convertibles could only be had with vinyl interiors due to chance of water/sun damage. So if you want a 71-76 GM convertible but love cloth, 75 is the year where you’d be happy and it’s stock correct.

And this car is not in Chicago, it’s in Youngstown Ohio according to the map and phone number.
    C991A460-F290-45CE-85F1-204C976B4300.jpeg

6. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for your sluthery, if that’s a word. I knew Ford offered a “dura-Weave” on wagons, and “hardtops” but was not that familiar with GM offerings. You saved me the effort of looking it up. I figured it was something rare like that. It didn’t have the look of replacement nubby inset. Plus it seemed to have the correct seat back buttons as well. Agree it is a nice looking interior. I’m not sure I’ve even seen that interior on a Ford non-wagon. Plus the split Bench was only available on the wagon. To me it was a great alternative to delicate fabric interiors and hot and cold vinyl. Did review the pictures there are two left side shots where there is a thinner white wall that seemed to match the right side. Didn’t see any matching wheel cover shots. I would think perhaps the thin whites are newer. Your interior info may also jive with the black sun visors. Wonder if that was part of the saddle and black package.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  7. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

That houndstooth cloth reminds me of the Camaro interior. Maybe the same material ?

8. Bigboats34

Bigboats34 Well-Known Member

The visors should be saddle to match the headliner, so those are wrong. Good catch.
    I see a crack in the dash and a weird “dent” in the face of the passenger side dash near the Impala script.

9C31ECD8-44A4-4EF7-9F44-8565A980859D.jpeg

9. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah I didn’t see the crack, but I did notice that dent and just assumed somebody got rambunctious. Or that it got kicked when they were replacing the bottom passenger door panel. Still haven’t had any takers on a guess of what that is hanging down on picture 10/22. Looks some sort of control device.

10. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

Worse yet, the vehicle might have been owned by a notorious domestic violator. That dent looks like a dead ringer for a noseprint caused by a hair-grab preceeding a face slam onto the dash :beaten::dead:

60Mercman likes this.
  11. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah or it coulda been something like that. Lol

12. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

That, or someone didn't believe in shoulder belts...yet.

13. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

You could bet that she buckled up, before the next time she shot her mouth off again. Even if it was only during fast food fries-munching chased down with chocolate milkshakes

14. wagon1

wagon1 Active Member

and the grill is falling out.

15. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah. Looks that way in picture 2/22. But other pics look ok. Wish I knew which were new vs old pictures. Lots going on with this one.