1974 Impala Wagon 4500

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by wagon1, Apr 27, 2016.

1. wagon1

wagon1 Active Member

2. wagon1

wagon1 Active Member

I'm not sure what the "Texas" is all about in the title. It appears to be a repaint at some point but all there. For all those needing to cash in on Bitcoin, here you go.

3. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

When you can't even be bothered to clean the car, no thanks.

4. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

2500-3500 derby meat TOPS. looks like mice and a LOT OF MOISTURE in that bad boy and a lil mold to boot

AK27 likes this.
  5. jwdtenn

It's just nasty.

[​IMG]

AK27 and WagonKiller like this.
  6. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

I agree with WagonKiller. This is nothing but a derby wagon!

7. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looks to have an antique plate too, I don't know what it means in another state but if it's a Pennsylvania that could mean the owner is negligent about maintaining the car. Some people just got antique plates because they had an old car then they never inspect it. It's "Cheaper" that way, in the "I don't care about my own car" type of way. Sorry people, it is.

Oh and the ad is deleted now.

WagonKiller likes this.
  8. WagonKiller

I have classic plates on mine. Still has to be inspected( and I do keep it well maintained) but no yearly registration or emissions required. Yes it IS cheaper lol. Altho I cannot classic insure it because I have no where to lock it inside.

9. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Huh. Antique and Classic plates aren't the same thing though.

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BMV/BMV Fact Sheets/fs-ant.pdf

10. WagonKiller

Pretty close really Antique no inspection but a LOT more restrictions on driving. Used to have to send photos of all 4 sides/ends. No pic required anymore.

11. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

I have antique plates on 4 of my wagons. On two of them I can only drive them to car shows or to get worked on. The other 2 have extended antique plates and I can drive them anywhere from April 1st to Nov 1st. The antique plates are $35 for 5 years and the extended antique are $78 versus $109 for normal plates. I gurantee the license plate has nothing to do with the maintenance that is done on my cars

WagonKiller likes this.
  12. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

Ugly as it may be, this is probably the only Chevy clamshell wagon in that part of PA. Heck, even by the late 80's there wasn't many left around here and that was 25+ years ago. Looks like it has a TX inspection sticker on the windshield. It looks pretty solid still, - mold and dirt and all. Am I missing something? Why would you guys want to derby a car that's still pretty solid and has potential in an area of the country where these are pretty much extinct? Are you guys mad that it's dirty and he's asking too much for it? Heck, go over there with a fist full of 25 $100 bills and drive the darn thing home!!!!

Yet we'd bemoan someone on here who says they'd derby a car and make them feel unwelcome....I gotta be missing something. I guess when I was younger and newer to the hobby I always had rotted pieces of shit to start with and never had something so solid, but I persevered and kept them going.......

13. jwdtenn

I don't think anyone on the forum would enjoy seeing this Impala derbied but rather are really disappointed to see it was allowed to deteriorate to the state this one apparently did. Yes, the newest of the surviving GM 1970s clamshell wagons is now 40 years old. It's a shame at this point to see any of them left-for-dead. If anyone can save this Impala, good for him.

WagonKiller likes this.
  14. wagon1

wagon1 Active Member

you mean bitcoin. ;-)

15. WagonKiller

There are others around for the same or close to the same cash amount. they may not be Chevy's( I personally don't care on brand just like the clams) and they are not moldy and deteriorating from the inside worse than the outside. THAT makes a HUGE difference. IF you have that much moisture damage to what you CAN SEE just imagine whats under the carpet when you pull it.