1973 Olds Custom Cruiser - $1800.00

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 72KingswoodEstate, Oct 17, 2017.

1. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    https://moseslake.craigslist.org/cto/d/oldsmobile-custom-cruiser/6347347675.html

"AS IS NON RUNNING . I have a numbers matching 1973 Custom Cruiser Wagon. the #''s matching 455 rocket needs to be rebuilt, like most big blocks of that era it starved of oil, but the tranny is soild. I have a spare 455 and 400 out of a 73 442. There were less than 5,000 Custom Cruiser wagons made in 73 with this paint and interior. not to mention this is a fully dressed big block car. ac/ps and cruise control. I loved cruising in this beast and planned to get her back on the road but my living forces me to part with all my rigs. has little to no rust only sruface in the rear fenders the ful size spare is rusted out other than that shes CANCER FREE
    $1800 is my firm cash price dont waste your time if you don't have the cash, comes with clean title and bill of sale -

call call or text text: ☎ (509) 988-0269"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  3. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

The ad has at least a couple of comments that make me scratch my head:

Bullshit.

Bullshit x 2.

There is no way to know this as records were not kept to this level of detail that you know how many were made with any particular color and trim scheme. All we know is that, for 1973, there were 12,417 2-seat Custom Cruisers made and 26,504 3-seat Custom Cruisers made. Period. No further breakdown is available. The car in question, as can be seen in the photo of the undivided back seat (as he never mentions it in the ad), is a 2-seater.

Translation: other than the fact that it has rust in the rear fenders and the spare tire well is so rusted out that a tire put there would fall through to the ground, the car has no rust. In short, the car is rust-free if you don't count the parts that are rusty.

4. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I like that idea.... I think l’ll try it in my next ad ‘completely rust free except where there is rust present’.

5. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Not even close to "fully dressed" as to options.

6. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know, 1800 still seems like a reasonable price. Especially with the extra motors? How hard is it for these jokers to spray these cars down with water???

7. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I've never said the price was unreasonable. I agree that it's not. I've been maintaining that it's a very poor ad. I don't know what I'd do with extra motors. Sell them? The car needs only one.

8. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

If the frame and floorboards are good it's worth 1800+ for a smasher