1972 Chevrolet Townsman

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Jun 30, 2013.

1. WagonKiller

WagonKiller Well-Known Member

it was junk also got a 64 cutlass 2dr H-top with a 330 4bbl and factory 4spd I belive there were like 3 made trans was gone and some jerk stole the console before I got it out at the yard

2. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, that was rare! I thought that by '71, the Electras had standard automatic. I know however that the '71 LeSabres and Centurions had standard 3-speed on the tree, but it was very rare. Someone on the Pontiac site told me once that they seen a '71 Pontiac Catalina Safari wagon with a 3-speed manual on the tree, as well as a '71 Grand Ville convertible with a 3-speed manual on the tree.

About 5 years ago, on ebay, there was a '71 Chevy Caprice 4dr with a factory 3-speed manual!! It was loaded other than being a manual shift and it didn't noth have tilt wheel... apparently tilt wheel was not available with the manual column shift.

Sounds neat and unique, but I prefer my big luxury boats to be automatic... actually any vehicle. lol.