1969 FORD COUNTRY SQUIRE

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Jsafe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Jsafe

Jsafe Well-Known Member

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I always liked this year.

3. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    1969 was a good year for cars! Its the hideaway lights that do it for me. Tough! Must be a lot of crust on that thing because from here $4 g’s is a steal

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    It was also a good year for dashboards. One of Ford's best modern ones.
    It looks genuinely rust-free. For someone who really wants one of these, I'd say four grand is fair

5. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

6. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm a huge fan of the '69/'70, but I'm not convinced this is a $4K car. It might be, if rust free, but I'm looking at the worn through to the primer on the hood, the woodgrain that's shot just about everywhere, and the broken surround rail on the fender. Also, it looks like this is a non-AC car and surface mount speakers have been screwed onto the cargo area trim panels. I think it's a little past the presentable-as-is point -- which I'm thinking is the $4K level -- and is just about into the needs resto range. I think that $6K or $7K might be able to buy an example in much better condition than $3K could put this one into.

All this leaves the question of whether or not time and the decreasing frequency of these cars being offered for sale have invalidated my estimation of the value of this car.

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Well, those are good arguing points, in negotiating a fair price for it. Especially, if it looks like he might have to hang on to it for a while, because of the high price

8. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I know that Patina is being way over-hyped these days, but there is something about a classic car in this state that I find attractive.
    If this car is solid underneath I think it's likely worth the asking price. I mean, any classic that runs, drives and stops and isn't a threat to come apart as it's going down the road is worth at least a 2-3 grand. I can't say for certain, but this car looks like it can do all of those things just fine. The seller is likely adding a premium for the "patina".