1969 Chevrolet Caprice 427 coupe

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Mar 14, 2018.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Brown...with a green interior? Did the original buyer pencilfark themselves? I know brown is a neutral color, but IMHO, it just doesn't work with the green. But the 427, and the options, are a nice touch.

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    He says, it's gold and not brown. I see it as gold. But then, the seller might be red-green colorblind like I am. If brown, he can forget getting thirty three grand for it, since something isn't original. It would be easier to correct the interior, than to repaint the entire car to match. If available, for that year Caprice, I'd go for the floor shift console and bucket seats which belong in a 427-powered vehicle, replacing the interior color with neutral black. I don't think, white would look good with a gold exterior, be it the case.
    Again, he mentions having the wagon for purposes of increasing value speculation. In that case, the first things he should do would be to restore the rear suspension and to get rid of those rediculous wheels

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

My aunt had a 1970 Impala that was the Chevrolet gold color at that time, and it didn't look like it had the same gold, but I looked at all the pics, and yeah, it's gold. But still....