1968 Ford Cross Country

Year:
Color:
Color:Q 1624-A Medium Blue Met. (Brittany blue)
Engine:
8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
FORD|RANCH WAGON
  1. Ranchwagon68

Ranchwagon68 Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ranchwagon68 submitted a new Garage Item:

1968 Ford Cross Country

Read more about this garage item here...

Grizz likes this.
  2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Great story!!! What a victory to be able to reclaim the car you and your uncle shared a passion for. How great is it that you got to drive and take trips in it While it was still kicking? That sir, is a little piece of what we call "The American dream." God bless you for keeping it alive half way across the globe.

Ranchwagon68 likes this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I love the story. It is what we'll call the "Great Norway dream." No matter where we are on this planet, most of us have dreams.:1st:

Ranchwagon68 and Grizz like this.
  4. Ranchwagon68

Ranchwagon68 Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thank you for the kind words.
    I know I probably should'nt not ask yet, but I really want this car back on the road and need some parts for that, first of:
    Ive been searching the interwebs for a front turninglight lens on the passengerside of the car.With no luck. If anyone please could point me in some direction where to look for one, I would preaciate that. I guess some other models have the same lens aswell?

Ask me about Ramber's and I might be able give some answers :p But I'll probably write about that in its own Rambler thread.
    Also sorry for my bad english.

5. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    hey, your English is better than most people I know!

Ranchwagon68 likes this.
  6. Ranchwagon68

Ranchwagon68 Member

Wagon Garage:
    update..
    Sorry for a long text this time..

I contacted a shipping company to get the car back home, they wanted measurements of the car as well as weight and so on, I also sent pictures of the car,
    everything was ok so I got a deal and was told it could take up to 14 days before the car would be delivered at my home.
    When they went to pick up the car, I got a phone-call where the driver told me the car was to big for his trailer.
    He also sendt some pictures to "prove" it. In my opinion I would at least tried to get the car up on the trailer before saying no can do.
    They blamed me for wrong measurements...:16suspect::slap:

So then over to a new company. Measurements (same as before) pictures of car and place to pick up, wait 14 days, not again, I thought, but ok.
    Just a few days later they called, --we are now at the pickup-place and are about to get your car on the truck..
    I asked if he please could take a picture and he did, that is service!! :)
    He also told me he had to wait til next day before he could start driving to my place.
    No problem I said and was excited like a child before xmas eve. The car was finally on its way home.

We had made an agreement that he should call when he was close to the delivery place, and so he did,
    I had chosen a truck-stop place downtown, 3 miles away from where I live, so I knew it would not be a problem with the drop off.
    Since its springtime the frost is making the roads really really bad.
    We talked a bit on the phone, and he told me he could try to bring the car a bit closer anyway, ohh man did he deliver,
    he stopped 300 yards from my house. :bananaman:With me, my son, and the driver it did not take long to get the car off the truck.
    I asked him about the charge for the last bit he drove and he replied no extra charge, smiled and away he drove.
    My son and I towed the car the last bit up to the garage.

I gave the car a hose off, and it was time for bed, oh I almost forgot to say..

ITS HOME... :):)

I have now had time to inspect the car a bit and found out that the years sure had set its marks on it, both from bad storage
    and from wandering from one owner to the other all trying to "fix" things along the way.
    But a good thing is that a 289 with an automatic transmission (c4 I think) has taken its place in an earlier
    empty space... from when it left here so many years ago.

The fuel lines as well as the brake lines to the rear are cut off, and it had no exhaust system at all.
    The inner fenders are off but are luckily inside the car, among boxes of other parts.
    Its a bunch of other things that has to be done or redone as well, but one thing at a time.

The other day a friend of mine came to have a look at the car and we decided to try to fire up the engine,
    and a few moments later and it fired straight up.:bowdown:

The last few days I've been busy building a new exhaust system as well as taken a testdrive of the rear window. Also tried to get some mold off some interiorparts.
    All an easy job thanks to my son and sister that have been helping me.:thumbs2:

Attached Files:

Grizz and ModelT1 like this.