1967 Country Sedan from Germany

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Ankou, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Ankou

Ankou New Member

Hello stationwagonfellows :)
    my name is Timon and I live in Bavaria close to Munich. Apart from a 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 (my very first own car) and a 1967 Ford XL 7-Litre (which we used to go on a 8000miles roadtrip through the US before shipping it to Germany) I recently bought a 1967 Ford Country Sedan.
    For the roadtrip through the US we initially wanted to buy a 1967 Ford wagon but we were not able to find a decent one and stumbled across a beautiful 1967 Ford XL located in Chicago.

Back in Germany I started looking for a wagon again and found a 1967 Ford Country Sedan on eBay.com and without many further thoughts and without having looked at the car myself I bought it and in August this year it finally arrived at my place.
    This is a picture from eBay:
    [​IMG]

Some info on the wagon:
    1967 Ford Country Sedan in Pebble Beige
    390-2V
    Special order 3-speed manual overdrive transmission (this transmission was NOT available for anything bigger than the 289-2V).
    AC
    Powersteering
    Power drum brakes -> now converted to an original power disc setup

What apparently makes this car special is the special order transmission and a big pile of original documents:
    original owner's manual, owners' card, special order sheet, window sticker, vehicle purchase order, a complaint letter from the first owner to Ford because of transmission problems, pre-delivery service sheet and many more.
    If anyone is interested in seeing some of the documents -> I can upload them.

The car looks pretty rough with a real bad paint job, a lot of dirt and a worn interior BUT the body is completely free of anything more than some surface rust underneath.

I plan on restoring it step by step and the first step is almost finished: rebuilding the suspension and brakes to get it through the German technical inspection and making it road legal.

I think I will have a lot of questions for you guys and I am really looking forward to working more on this car!

Timon

2. SavoyPlaza

SavoyPlaza Active Member

Welcome to the group Timon! Looks like a wonder wagon you've got. I, too, like the special orders and this one looks all original. Looking forward to your updates with her!
    Pete

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wow. What a great looking wagon. And how nice to have all of that documentation. Love the big knob on those ‘67 steering wheels. It’s a tough call but ‘67 is one of the nicest stacked light Fords out there.

4. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome Ankou!

5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Hillbilly Deluxe

dennis likes this.
  6. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    auch hier willkommen! Klasse dass du nen Wagon hast, ich bn in Mannheim auf nem 1970 Chevy Townsman wagon aufgewachsen:) yes, and welcome here too! Great to see you got a wagon, I grew up in Germany town of mannheim on a 1970 Chevy Townsman wagon. Keep us posted on your progress.

7. Ankou

Ankou New Member

Thank you for welcoming me here. I will creat a thread about my work (and my many questions) soon!
    Thanks!
    Timon