1964 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by jaunty75, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Somebody should go find this car, pull it out of the weeds, and fix it up. Even if it's beyond repair, the roof glass alone, if intact, is worth a small fortune.

This was spotted by someone over at classicoldsmobile.com. The only info available is that it is in Chico, California, although the person posting can provide more info if anyone is interested.

Here's some photos from his thread. Not sure if you can access the thread if you're not registered there.

http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...cruiser-collecting-dust-today.html#post938234

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlueVista

BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

Every time a junk Vista Cruiser is shown the claims that the roof glass being worth all kinds of stupid money is a fallacy. Go it get and try to sell it and see what happens, the (maybe) ten guys restoring a Vista Cruiser like that limits the market and how many of them need glass?. I have a tinted set for the last generation I couldn't give away for shipping costs, even the mirrored glass is tough to get rid of if it isn't absolutely perfect, and all of it is has differing degrees of delamination on the edges. My set is now residing under my barn with a family of Fox using it for beds and interior decorating, nice tinted windshield too, and they're staying there forever.

3. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I'm sorry I said anything.