1963 Oldsmobile F-85 wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jaunty75, Jun 11, 2018.

1. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Looks gorgeous. I understand it has been for sale for a while, which is not surprising given the $16.5K asking price and is probably reflective of the market for these, which is not large.

I don't think he's correct in calling it a "Cutlass" wagon. All A-body Oldsmobile wagons in 1963 were F-85 or F-85 Deluxe.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1963-oldsmobile-85-cutlass/6596079568.html

[​IMG]

2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    If it was silver, it would be an eye catcher and should therefore get a bite. Otherwise, it's unusually tidy:

[​IMG]

3. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Agreed, great looking example, probably worth the high asking price if you just want to get in and drive it to shows and back. But I also agree there is not a big market for this model.
    If it were a 63 Tempest 326 wagon I would be all over it at the asking price. It even has the roll down rear hatch window option, I would only have to add A/C

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, I've been watching this one for quite a while......

My interest in it being my very first car was a '63 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass of the post-coupe variety. Jaunty is correct about this NOT being a 'Cutlass'. In '63, only the bucket seat-equipped coupe and convertible were officially 'Cutlasses'. The rest were just F-85's, or the turbocharged Jetfire hardtop. It didn't share either the 'F-85' or 'Cutlass' names.....

Very nice wagon...... So far, that one guy, with a lot of money who just HAS to have this wagon.....hasn't shown up.

5. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

It was not until 1967 that Oldsmobile offered a non-Vista Cruiser A-body wagon under the Cutlass name. From 1966 back, all A-body non-Vista Cruiser wagons were F-85's.

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

This is a F-85 Deluxe car. The extra chrome trim, side moldings, window moldings, and the trim on the lower rear hatch just above the bumper were "Deluxe" additions to the base wagon. They were all 2 row seaters also, no 3 row cars were offered. All were equipped with the 215 V8, either 155hp or 190 hp. My mom had one with the 190hp engine, I think the engine might have been painted silver(?) from factory, and I know it had a red air cleaner. Seller says it has a new transmission, which is good as these cars came with the notorious "slim Jim" Rotohydramatic.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
  8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Didn't realize it at the time, but I had the same type transmission in my second car, a '64 Pontiac Ventura, as I did in my first car, the '63 Olds Cutlass.