1956 Chrysler NYer - Ruidoso, NM

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by moparandfomoco, Nov 9, 2019.

1. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

2. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

That's a vintage record player. Yeah, it would be stupid to start selling parts and then end up sitting on the rest. But, anyone who starts scraping a corroded battery terminal end on the new battery is liable for plenty of surprises. Such deeds reflect insufficient personal evolution

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think I remember seeing that car around town, but in much better shape. Haven’t seen it in quite a while, but you don’t forget that green.

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    If the last picture is of the car he wanted it to look like, the idiot should have found a ‘55 Imperial coupe to Fudge up. Will that car bring $4,500 in parts? Hope he kept a list of the parts people wanted and gets the cash up front, or like Moparfomco man says he’ll be sitting on a grand in parts cash, and a $500 hulk of shelled out New Yorker.

5. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Looks to be classic case of owner of many years passing. Family just wants it gone asap.

6. Doghead

Unfortunate for too many classics, those appointed to handle such estate matters are simply blatant idiots
    It'll bring Duck All in parts. He's better off getting the entire amount for the entire car which seems like a good deal for a running vehicle.
    If the Hemi's sound, he'll fetch a grand for it. The rest is just nickles and dimes from whatever he can sell. The rest that doesen't sell will cost him space which could otherwise prove usefull. Keeping a tab on what he gets for each item and then figure in his time on an hourly basis should hold his folly up to his face for him about selling a perfectly good vintage car for parts

60Mercman and annap01gt like this.
  7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    We go to estate sales in the area from time to time, not to necessarily buy something specific, but just something to do on a lazy Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning. Quite often, I see vehicles like this sitting around - ones that perhaps looked pretty good 10 -15 years ago, but currently not so much. I wouldn't say it's because of the FAMILY not caring about the vehicle. It's more likely that the long-time owner just lost the ability to take care of it.

Kind of the situation I'm in with the Way-Back Machine. It's deteriorated because I couldn't keep it in the garage.

8. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Know what you mean. I kept the Safari outside for too many years also. What was I thinking ?

9. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

Back in the late 60's, my uncle had a 55 Dodge that he just drove back and forth to work. He called the Blue Goose. It had the "Red Ram" V8 engine in it.
    I always wondered if a donkey is an ass and a male sheep is a ram, why is a ram in the ass a goose?

Doghead likes this.
  10. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    HAHAHAHA

11. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

I believe this question should have been answered by Marlon Perkins on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom many years ago. But here we all sit, befuddled and still unknowing!

12. Doghead

A Goose is an insult for certain mentally awkward and unshapely female members of our species (Silly Goose or blöde Gans/dumme Gans in German). If their state of mind or outward appearance has anything to do with this pun originating from animal husbandry :scratchchin:, perhaps the ball should now get kicked into your playing fields :162: