Station Wagon Forums  

Go Back   Station Wagon Forums > Station Wagon Classifieds > Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Station Wagon Classifieds

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 20:49 PM   #1
Cyber-Wizard

My Garage: 1
Vehicle(s): 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, 1998 Mercury Marquis
1957 Buick Caballero - Kijiji.ca - St. Thomas, ON

NOTE: This is not my car nor do I know the owner. I'm merely sharing an ad that I found online.

MAN! I wish I had the time, skill, space, and money to snag this!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ466539134

Quote:
Hey here we have a restoration package of 1957 Buicks, 1) 1957 Buick Estate Wagon. Needs restoration but has a decently soild body but floor pans are rusted, this is a complete car great for restoration or hot rodding or even some kind of rat rod, 2) 1957 Buick Century 4 dr Hardtop, mostly rust free body from southern Texas, real solid car for restoration, parts. rat rod or what ever.
3) 1957 Buick Caballero 4dr hardtop wagon, that is mostly rust free, I have stripped the body off the frame and taken appart as far as posible as I was going to make a resto mod out of it. I choose this car for its soild body and great lines, but times have changed, lost storage, these cars need to be sold. This Caballero has been media blasted every part and epxoy primered this was done at a cost of over 5grand, body has very little rust to be repaired. I have not stripped the frame at all its still a rolling complete system. i have purchased extra parts that go along with these cars. Have new windsheild cost $800.00 alone. For the person that want a 57 Buick Caballero this is a great start to a great car. I have pictures of the tear down and parts are baged and noted. Must come see what you get great deal for someone. I paid $9500 for this car alone. My loss

Old 2013-04-01, 03:28 AM   #2
MikeT1961

Vehicle(s): 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis
So, for $12,000 or so, you get not one, but 2 4 door hardtop Buick wagons PLUS a 4 door hardtop sedan. One of the wagons is mostly disassembled, and has been blasted and primed. The other wagon and the sedan both seem like very solid cars, too. This sounds like one SWEET deal for the right person. You could fix all 3, sell one wagon and the sedan and pay for the whole shooting match, including the wagon you keep! SAWEET!!!
Old 2013-04-01, 11:44 AM   #3
Termite Free Woodie

Vehicle(s): 66 Plymouth Furys, Mercury, Ford Wagons. Mopar C body fan. The bigger the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT1961 View Post
So, for $12,000 or so, you get not one, but 2 4 door hardtop Buick wagons PLUS a 4 door hardtop sedan. One of the wagons is mostly disassembled, and has been blasted and primed. The other wagon and the sedan both seem like very solid cars, too. This sounds like one SWEET deal for the right person. You could fix all 3, sell one wagon and the sedan and pay for the whole shooting match, including the wagon you keep! SAWEET!!!

I agree, I think this is a good deal for the Buick fan.

Wow, I forgot how wide and gargantuan these cars looked.
Termite Free Woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 11:54 AM   #4
RatMaster

Vehicle(s): buick roadmasters
I know the dealer well enough, often talk with him at the local cruise nights, buddy of mine bought a 928 from him a few years back, he has an extensive personal collection, and deep pockets. if anyone wants I can go look at the cars and take more pictures for you.

Nigel's once nice property has a big house a huge shop with room for 12 or more cars, and parts storage, and he also had a huge storage barn. A true car guy's dream property, now has one major issue The city of Toronto bought all the neighbouring land for their waste management division, so now every day dozen of transport trucks from toronto drive past his place loaded with garbage from the city of toronto. He must have gave in finally and sold that property,the fragrance in the air around there is horrid.... so it's not so much that he has lost storage, it's just easier to sell the cars than move to his new property

Nigel is a slick dealer, with a history.....

he buys and flips a lot of cars every year, cleans em up drives em and sales em. He'll show up at cruise nights with his newest finds all the time.
RatMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 13:23 PM   #5
Krash Kadillak

Vehicle(s): 1981 Pontiac Bonneville Safari; 2012 Ford Edge SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT1961 View Post
NOPE. You only get one 4-door hardtop wagon (white/green one). The other wagon (brown) is the cheaper one with a full center post and door frames.

The Way Back Machine
Krash Kadillak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 23:58 PM   #6
MikeT1961

Vehicle(s): 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis
You are correct, Marshall. That is what I get for looking at ads in the middle of the night! Still, a sweet trio of cars for a fair price, I would say. Add a 4 door sedan, and the pair of 2 doors plus a convertible and have a whole collection of all models. Neat idea!
Old 2013-04-02, 02:10 AM   #7
silverfox

Vehicle(s): '96 Chevy "Impala SS" wagon, '91 Chevy Suburban
Wow. This is a very interesting sale! Looks like a lot of new parts go along with it, too. The cars look mostly solid. There was a time I would have been on my way to look at this threesome!
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Station Wagon Forums > Station Wagon Classifieds > Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Station Wagon Classifieds